How to check does 1020 has BAD IMEI (O2-UK) ?

sajith930

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I'm trying to buy 1020 from ebay . My issues is I contacted with one seller for his 1020. He says it cant make or receive calls..

other than that its perfect.

Can it be it has BAD IMEI or can it be hardware problem ?

How can I check it has BAD IMEI ? Network is O2-UK

thanks

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
It's a phone that can't make or receive calls? That's handy. I'd seriously avoid that and look for another.

almondslice

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like its been barred, lost,stolen or unpaid contract etc. Ask him for the IMEI and contact O2 to check. Although personally I'd leave it.

sibrecat

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I saw the same 1020 if its the uk site, I asked him if he had the box with matching IMEI, he told me he didnt only the phone, I told him it sounded stolen/lost and was blocked and he didnt like that lol, I would avoid if i was you

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it's barred because it's stolen. It's obviously up to you, but these things are hardly ever worth the risk. You could buy it to replace your digital camera if it's broke though ;)

Tech friend

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it's barred because it's stolen. [- snip -] You could buy it to replace your digital camera if it's broke though ;)
If your assumption is correct the OP could get into trouble, since during identity checks Police officers often check the IMEI of smartphones in order to find stolen devices. They could take him for being either a thief or a dealer of stolen goods then.

By the way, the standardized code

Code:
*#06*

usually shows the IMEI.

Does that code work with Windows Phones like the Lumia 1020 as well?

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
So long as you buy it through PayPal it doesn't matter as they will reimburse you if it's stolen I believe.

There is one sure fire way to know for sure that the phone you buy isn't. Walk into a Three store, have over some money and they will give you one :-D

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If your assumption is correct the OP could get into trouble, since during identity checks Police officers often check the IMEI of smartphones in order to find stolen devices. They could take him for being either a thief or a dealer of stolen goods then.

By the way, the standardized code

Code:
*#06*

usually shows the IMEI.

Does that code work with Windows Phones like the Lumia 1020 as well?

Yes

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
My avatar kept disappearing yesterday, I thought it was just me, it was obviously just a little buggy moment with the forum.

Tech friend

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
^^ Thanks, dznk.

Probably you are right: The forum websites are loading intermittently very slowly for me since some hours, sometimes they aren't loaded at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3