1020 And T-Mobile: Probably Never?

• Thread starter Deleted member 199301
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 199301

I'd like to pick one up for my Dad, who's a major photo bug. At this point the chances of it landing on T-Mobile are slim to none?

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Right that's never going to happen b/c here in the US AT&T has priority and exclusivities on top end models. Tmo could launch the phone when that ends but when has a provider ever done that? The phone's old news and outdated. Unfortunately Tmo only carries semi/mid ranged WP devices.

Best advice would be to pick up an unsubsidized version online. I'm not sure how much Rogers's version is priced at...

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to pick one up for my Dad, who's a major photo bug. At this point the chances of it landing on T-Mobile are slim to none?

You can buy it from AT&T and they will unlock it for you. So long as your dad is in a reframed area, he will get LTE and HSPA+.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
A rogers 1020 seems difficult to find. I wouldn't mind getting one to use on T-Mobile as well. Right now I'm using the rogers 920 on T-Mobile and it works pretty good. Just wish it had wifi calling.

poots1101

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, in the past month or so it seems like getting a locked AT&T device and trying to unlock it has seemed really difficult, just by reading some of the threads posted here. that being said, I purchased an unlocked 1020 off of ebay (rm-875) and it's been working like a champ on t-mobile. however, from what I've read, I believe since I do not have a pentaband model, I will never get true 4G LTE, whenever it gets rolled out to Des Moines, Iowa. IMO, the reframed 1900 Mhz band is fast enough for me, so i doubt I'll miss true LTE (i can get up to around 5-8 Mb down, which is plenty for me).

Having said all that, it's really up to you. I also tried finding a Rogers 1020 on ebay and couldn't find one. I did check some of the Canadian provinces craigslist sites, and a few people are selling them there - but good luck getting them to ship it. maybe you can work out a deal to get them to post on ebay and you can bid and win right away. if you need full LTE then definitely try and wait it out - if not, and you are fine with HSPA+, then there is a good number of unlocked 1020's on ebay you could get now.

good luck!

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought some from Amazon at retail and ATT refuses to unlock them.

AT&T has started to be a lot more difficult about unlocking, not sure why but it has been widely reported over the past few weeks. Not sure what you can do at this point, sorry to hear it's not working.

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
AT&T has started to be a lot more difficult about unlocking, not sure why but it has been widely reported over the past few weeks.

We have uverse and they said we'd get a discount if we went back to ATT for mobile. Considering switching back to ATT since the new Mobile Share Value plans plus the discount would be pretty much right where we are with t-mo, but thinking of waiting to see if they start unlocking in January, six months after release. If we do switch, we could at least sell our 925s.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos