Again I get my new yellow 1020 today, I had the black one at launch but was afford a nice penny for it! Anyways I am really looking forward to the updates and new programs from Nokia and other apps! Not a huge app guy, but loved the instagram app (was it rudy or his name made? 6something?? Much better imo than instagram!)
    Ok quick simple questions.....is the volume issue still the same? Where the volume controls, ringtone, music, etc and you can't set each one individually?
    Also, any word on a basic pull down notification bar? like the ones on android and iphone?
    Can you take pictures while recording? I did enjoy this feature on Android, but for the most part, I don't care how many pixels are in the phone, the video recording sucked! Key why I love Nokia!
    Finally, what is the app where you can make your own screen; instead of it just showing the time?
    Thanks! Feel free to recommend any apps as well! I use my phone for mostly checking the basic stuff on the net, fb here and there, was using the beta, what version do you guys prefer? I remember FB not being that great, but its also not too great on android so no biggie again! Netflix, weather apps, instagram, youtube, I am good usually! Not a gamer, just like the different social photo apps and other just different apps.....THANKS!!!
    11-04-2013 07:34 AM
    - Volume control is still the same, it's global.
    - Notification centre will possibly come with the first major WP8 update early next year
    - No you cannot take pictures whilst recording
    - Don't know what you mean by showing your own screen instead of the time, care to elaborate?

You need to wait for the first major update early next year to see if any of these things change.
    11-04-2013 08:02 AM
    Again I get my new yellow 1020 today, I had the black one at launch but was afford a nice penny for it! Anyways I am really looking forward to the updates and new programs from Nokia and other apps! Not a huge app guy, but loved the instagram app (was it rudy or his name made? 6something?? Much better imo than instagram!)
    Ok quick simple questions.....is the volume issue still the same? Where the volume controls, ringtone, music, etc and you can't set each one individually?
    Also, any word on a basic pull down notification bar? like the ones on android and iphone?
    Can you take pictures while recording? I did enjoy this feature on Android, but for the most part, I don't care how many pixels are in the phone, the video recording sucked! Key why I love Nokia!
    Finally, what is the app where you can make your own screen; instead of it just showing the time?
    Thanks! Feel free to recommend any apps as well! I use my phone for mostly checking the basic stuff on the net, fb here and there, was using the beta, what version do you guys prefer? I remember FB not being that great, but its also not too great on android so no biggie again! Netflix, weather apps, instagram, youtube, I am good usually! Not a gamer, just like the different social photo apps and other just different apps.....THANKS!!!
    1- Yeah, you still can't set individual volumes for notifications
    2- No, still no notification bar (maybe in next release)
    3- No, still can't take pictures while video recording
    4- ?? Glance backgrounds
    5- I have bookmarked and pinned the facebook mobile webpage on my start screen. IMHO it's still better than the FB apps

I have used iOs, Android and WP for a while. The only app I really miss is hangouts.
    11-04-2013 08:06 AM