Dark marks on black backgrounds (noticeable at night)

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

My 1020 is about 2 weeks old and at night I'm noticing about 3 areas on the screen that are significantly darker on black backgrounds. It makes the black areas look splotchy and is really only noticeable at night. These aren't dead pixels but what looks to be dark areas on the screen. Anyone else noticing this - is my device defective?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Dude, don't listen to this guy above. Since when do we have advertisers in the forum? It's normal, don't worry. It's called the moir effect? Or something like that. It's very common on AMOLED screens, you'll see people complaining about this in the 925/928/1020 sections. It's also common on android phones. That being said, you can get lucky and have the effect be LESS pronounced, and if you want, you could try your luck at getting a warranty replacement through your carrier or Nokia. It may or may not be better than what you have now.

edit: not you majortom, talking about that repairsuniverse guy

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I've gone in to Rogers and the Microsoft store (where I bought the phone) and all the reps said they couldn't see it and that they'd never heard of such a thing. I tried to explain to them its really only noticeable at night time without any glare on the screen. Hrmm - if I had known this I may not have put down $600 for the phone. I hope they'll take it back - because I can't live with myself spending that much money and always being annoyed at these marks.

Deutscher2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I've gone in to Rogers and the Microsoft store (where I bought the phone) and all the reps said they couldn't see it and that they'd never heard of such a thing. I tried to explain to them its really only noticeable at night time without any glare on the screen. Hrmm - if I had known this I may not have put down $600 for the phone. I hope they'll take it back - because I can't live with myself spending that much money and always being annoyed at these marks.
It's because of the AMOLED-Scree, it's normal!!!

lupo84

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I got the same marks, indeed I had the same marks on my galaxy note obviously with the amoled screen... It don't bother me cause it is hardly visible...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro