i currently have a lumia 920, i love it but it annoys me a lot, not the best battery life tbh i mean i play angry bird for 2 mins and my battery drops 3% haha, but great phone. now my next phone is probably another lumia so i have a question?

i will be getting it between june and august next year, i will probably buy a used one and my budget will be roughly 200-250
    here are my questions?

1) will i get a 1020 for that?

2) should i just stick with my 920?

3) how much better is the battery life of the 1020 compared to the 920/925?( if you have used both please answer in detail)

4) most annoying problem with the 1020?

5) is it future proof? in terms of updates i know it won't be getting the 3 medium tiles does it have more of a chance of getting the next major update after 8.1 than the 920?

6) how much better is it than the 920?

7) when playing games how easy is it to hold? (games in landscape)

8) when playing games how good is the battery?

thanks
    11-09-2013 03:34 PM
    anyone?
    11-09-2013 03:56 PM
    As an owner of both a 920 and a 1020, I'll answer what I can as best I can.

By my estimates, you should be able to get a secondhand 1020 for 350 USD around then, judging by standard depreciation of technology and the prices currently on eBay.
    The 920 is a good phone, and Nokia takes care of their customers for a long time, comparatively speaking. If you are happy with the 920, and don't find yourself taking photos 10-15 times a day, then saving your money may be an option.
    My 1020 lasts about 16 hours of solid use (news, about 8-12 photos with flash, texts, emails, and about an hour of talk and streaming video). My 920 was about 14 hours under similar usage conditions. I always leave battery saver on at all times.
    The most 'annoying' thing on my 1020 is either the fact the wireless charging requires this case always be clipped on, or I go without. I've bought big into Nokia's ecosystem, so I use wireless charging a fair bit. Case is an annoyance. Aside from that, the screen is OLED, and I'm partial to LED. There's little black splotches and the screen will randomly add splashes of green tint to the entire screen when certain pixels are turned blue or green. Annoying.
    I can't read the future too well, but it has 2gb of RAM. Aside from that, (and the camera, obviously) same exact phone internal hardware-wise. Should be only slightly more future proof, if at all.
    Honestly, there's times where I don't consider it "better". Just a different tool. Its camera is pretty phenomenal. Aside from that, I'm not partial to my 1020 over my 920 at all.
    Landscape is pretty easy. My only concern is smudging up the lens glass with my index finger when gaming. Not a big deal at all. The camera bulge is pretty easy to adapt to.
    I'm not a huge phone gamer (talk to me about PC games, though) but on a full power (non-battery saver) run of Halo Spartan Assault or a complex game of Civilization Revolution, I can get about 3.5-4.5 hours before the warning pops up to plug in.
    That said, I have a fleet of wireless charging plates, a JBL Powerup, and a wireless charging car plate. So I'm rarely far from a charge for the phone's battery life to ever be a real concern. Maybe get a second opinion on the battery questions.
    11-09-2013 05:30 PM
    Can you elaborate on the screen thing? What made it bring little black splotches? I'm a bit confused
    11-09-2013 05:46 PM
    Honestly, come next summer, there will be anywhere between 3-5 new phones for WP. I would wait and see what those phones have to offer before looking at a 920 or 1020. It is a long time away. And with how fast technology changes now days, 3-4 months is old for any new softwares or devices. If you were changing now, I'd say get the 1020. I switched from a 920 and regret nothing. Everything about the 1020 is better. But for now, wait and see what new phones come out then when your upgrade is available in the summer, start researching phones. That's what I do. Oh and a tip, ALWAYS look for leaks or rumors of new phones. Because there are many occasions where people buy a phone then MS release another one. Browse forums, search Bing and google, and see what you can find about new possible phones and rumors of release dates. Then make your decision.
    11-09-2013 09:19 PM
    The blotches were on the screen when I purchased it. It's just a characteristic of OLED. They're barely noticeable, and it's just a bit darker than the area around it. They're only really there when you view a solid black or grey screen.
    Nothing big. But I'm a perfectionist about my toys/phones, so I notice little things like that sometimes.
    As Matthoms said - Next summer the 1030 might even be out, so the only real reason to look at the 1020 would be to save money.
    11-09-2013 10:21 PM
    Yeah i know but the problem is im not going on contract its going to be on payg and im only going to be able to save roughly 250 so i won't be able to afford the new one that come out, so im kinda hoping the new version that comes out makes the price of the 1020 go down a bit? So i can afford it
    11-10-2013 04:12 AM
    Then, yes, by all accounts. Get a 1020 next summer and start snapping some photos.
    11-11-2013 10:42 AM