Get ready for another stupid smartphone camera article. This time its about how the iPhone 5s revolutionized the smartphone photography like no phone before it.

Cameras: Latest Victims of the Smartphone Juggernaut - WSJ.com

A little taste of what to expect:
    "The camera's pictures are also fantastic, especially in low light..... As a result, the 5s is the fastest, best phone camera I've ever usedeven better than Nokia Corp.'s 41-megapixel Lumia 1020."
    11-12-2013 01:31 AM
    Get ready for another stupid smartphone camera article. This time its about how the iPhone 5s revolutionized the smartphone photography like no phone before it.

"The camera's pictures are also fantastic, especially in low light..... As a result, the 5s is the fastest, best phone camera I've ever used—even better than Nokia Corp.'s 41-megapixel Lumia 1020."
    Dont worry. Take it just like some one said about Apocalypse. No One knows the truth :)
    11-12-2013 02:26 AM

"The camera's pictures are also fantastic, especially in low light..... As a result, the 5s is the fastest, best phone camera I've ever used—even better than Nokia Corp.'s 41-megapixel Lumia 1020."
    To be fair the speed on the 1020 is incredibly slow when comparing it to the 5s so will concede the fastest comment and the 5s is also pretty impressive in low light so that's not an unfair comment either - where the 5s is miles behind is the picture quality on zoomed images which is where the 1020 excels and due to all the settings on the nokia camera app and smart cam there are also a lot more options for what type of photo you can get.

However as the best "point and shoot" 5s is superior to the 1020.

And I have a 1020.
    a5cent likes this.
    11-12-2013 02:34 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it. Look at his twitter account. It is all Apple stuff for his pictures. No matter how much it really is better he is just another Molly Wood that will find some reason why it sucks. There is a reason Nokia has been using National Geographic to review the camera and not the tech writers.
    Guytronic likes this.
    11-12-2013 05:12 PM
    However as the best "point and shoot" 5s is superior to the 1020.

And I have a 1020.
    lol from that comment it seems like the phone camera market is breaking into two areas just like the digital camera market (DSLR and point & shoot)… there'll be like camera-centric phones and point & shoot phones.
    John20212 likes this.
    11-13-2013 03:55 AM
    Article gave real life experiences, and ( extremely rare) plugged the surface.

There is always room for improvement , the 1020 is not immune.
    11-13-2013 05:28 AM
    To be fair, the 5s is very good. It's an improvement on the 5 and on any Android phone camera I've used including the S4. I can sort of see why they prefer it to the 1020 because it is very good for just pulling out and snapping and the burst mode is excellent. The 1020 excels at capturing detail which is not necessarily what everyone wants. I'd still choose the 1020 though.
    11-13-2013 06:09 AM
    lol from that comment it seems like the phone camera market is breaking into two areas just like the digital camera market (DSLR and point & shoot)… there'll be like camera-centric phones and point & shoot phones.
    Think that's exactly what's happening - as a cameraphone for proper photography you cant beat the 1020 and it will be even more powerful when they enable RAW format support. You stick the camera grip on it and use the tripod and the photos you can produce are stunning. Nokia have elevated it above a point and shoot already as many of the reviews stated they have made it a niche phone. But as a 1020 owner its a great niche to be in
    11-13-2013 06:11 AM
    To be fair, the 5s is very good. It's an improvement on the 5 and on any Android phone camera I've used including the S4. I can sort of see why they prefer it to the 1020 because it is very good for just pulling out and snapping and the burst mode is excellent. The 1020 excels at capturing detail which is not necessarily what everyone wants. I'd still choose the 1020 though.
    I agree, the iPhone is very good for what it is, but I think they need to stop faffing around with LEDs and get serious with a Xenon flash, so many photos could be spared from pixelly blurry mess with that. While I love the 808 and the 1020 (and previously loved the N8) for their amazing quality the main reason I've loved the camera units in them so much is that I've been following the xenon flash since the N82 (I did have an N86 as well which reminded me that LEDs don't cut it, regardless how they market it!)

Think that's exactly what's happening - as a cameraphone for proper photography you cant beat the 1020 and it will be even more powerful when they enable RAW format support. You stick the camera grip on it and use the tripod and the photos you can produce are stunning. Nokia have elevated it above a point and shoot already as many of the reviews stated they have made it a niche phone. But as a 1020 owner its a great niche to be in
    Indeed, and it appears the only competition that Nokia have in this camera-centric phone market is Samsung but then that is just a camera that calls people really.
    11-13-2013 06:42 AM