1020 email being deleted

jpeternel

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the 1020 with ATT. I use three email accounts, gmail, outlook, and Comcast imap. My Comcast account periodically deletes all emails. I have no idea why. I've checked all settings both on the phone and with Comcast and cannot figure out why this happens. It has nothing to do with the age of the messages. It deletes old and new messages. I believe it is a Win 8 issue because I see the same problem on my Surface RT and Pro. I have not had this problem on non-Win 8 devices.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you have very many mails in it? Because I know that if the file in Outlook gets too big it starts deleting random messages, it might be something like that? :smile:

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the 1020 with ATT. I use three email accounts, gmail, outlook, and Comcast imap. My Comcast account periodically deletes all emails. I have no idea why. I've checked all settings both on the phone and with Comcast and cannot figure out why this happens. It has nothing to do with the age of the messages. It deletes old and new messages. I believe it is a Win 8 issue because I see the same problem on my Surface RT and Pro. I have not had this problem on non-Win 8 devices.

which non win 8 devices are you referring to?, are you saying that the win 8 devices don't show the emails but the non win 8 devices do ( when checked at the same time ) your not having the same problem with att or gmail only with your comcast email? honestly this seems to be an issue with comcast email client, the win 8 OS doesn't have control of the emails, which ever email client your using controls the emails, have you contacted customer svc. for comcast? that might be your best bet especially if the other two email accounts are working properly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro