Unlock without sim (AFTER the carrier has given you the code)

FengZhiXin

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unlock without sim

Will this ##7820# work on Lumia 900? ATT already cut me off, so my phone is in limbo.I am trying to find a way to unlock it so i can use it again

ramsbond

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Troylytle, thanks a lot! It worked right away and flawlessly on my Lumia 920. Even 4 consolidated hours of chat with AT&T couldn't do it but you did it with a mere 4 words. Appreciated, sir!

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site

What should I put into the blank

You need a specific code that is generated for your IMEI (basically, the serial number of the phone) by your carrier. In some cases, independent 3rd party "cell unlocker" companies can get the code for you as well (for a fee).

Bob12Duzn

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Funny, AT&T wouldn't tell me this, even though they gave me the unlock code. Kinda like deputy Barney Fife being allowed to carry revolver with no bullets. Thanks, troylytle, for the solution I needed. I know the thread's almost two years old now, but felt compelled to join and be able to express thanks. This is what forums are all about.

MORGKING

May 27, 2015
Visit site

i got my 520 LOCKD to EE please help withthe unlocking codei need the phone while i am still overseas.kind regards

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I remember that with my Samsung Focus there was a way to do it on WP7, that time ATT sent over the instructions as well, but this time they only sent the code, just wanted to see if anyone had the answer before talking to ATT.

edit:
just searching around I found the following:

"1 - Switch ON your phone without SIM Card,
2 - Compose #PW+CODE+1#
To get letter P press * button quickly 3 times
To get letter W press * button quickly 4 times
To get letter + press * button quickly 2 times
3 - The phone show "SIM Restriction Off" and was unlocked"

anyone tried it that way?

I think that is old way of unlocking. You use the ## feature now instead. Its like a built in app now. Takes ne back that does to the days when I unlocked my Nokia 3330 and 3650 now that's a long time ago lol

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

i got my 520 LOCKD to EE please help withthe unlocking codei need the phone while i am still overseas.kind regards

You need to get onto your mobile carrier and they will get Nokia to email you instructions on how to unlock your phone. I have a Lumia 520 and had to do this, it takes about two days to get the code.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Dears

just a small help i have nokia lumia 920 i try to unlock many times but i can not ?

Make sure your putting in the longer code (made up of numbers and letters) instead of the IMEI number. I made that mistake when I got my code. The little arrow or check mark will come on (beside the box where you insert the unlock code) when enough characters/digits are entered.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the ##7820# suggestion. Worked like a charm on my AT&T L635 today. Next step, de-branding the ROM and updating to GDR2 and Denim.

I actually bookmarked this topic several months ago, just in case I ever needed it. Now I did. Glad it was here.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

it doesnt work. i did tht method and i get a error. i put in a non att sim card in and ask for a unlock code. and a puk.:eck:

You have to obtain the code from your carrier, or from a third party site. The code is long - 20 characters, all numbers. It is not the same as the IMEI.

If you make more than 10 attempts to enter a code that is incorrect, the phone will lock permanently to your carrier.

The ##7820# just brings up the screen to enter a code, but you must obtain the code somewhere else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos