10-22-2014 02:32 PM
164 ... 4567
tools
    how to restart lumia 1020?
    03-05-2014 10:53 AM
    03-05-2014 11:01 AM
    There's instructions in one of the Sticky posts - http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ml#post2034360
    03-05-2014 09:27 PM
    Just find out although the when the Bluetooth turn on, reason: for connected with Bluetooth speaker doing fine ! Later
    In few days later had noticed the battery behavior from 89% battery drain down to 48 % percent, Something went wrong, recharge
    not so helpful and looking for other troubleshooting problem, felt the more strongly to setting: Bluetooth turn it off disabled then Yay the battery much improved
    from 47 to 100 percent. the More Likely is Bluetooth wave causing battery drain down. if need use bluetooth take a while turn on enjoy the music then turn off after in not use !
    03-17-2014 09:22 PM
    My 1020 stays at 100% for quite a long time, which makes me wonder if there is anything wrong with the calibration.

Anyone having similar problems?
    03-19-2014 10:28 AM
    My 1020 stays at 100% for quite a long time, which makes me wonder if there is anything wrong with the calibration.

Anyone having similar problems?
    Restar the phone to get the correct percentage.
    03-19-2014 07:34 PM
    you need to completely discharge your phone 3-5 times and NEVER leave your phone on charge over night because you don't wanna overcharge it, try to do it in the morning asap the phone charges very very fast, follow those and your life should be quite better

I just submitted my first thread and post on this forum. I did a lot of research on the web about Li ion batteries and the overwhelming conclusion is NOT to completely discharge it. I bought and returned 2 Lumia 1020's and all the run times posted on the OP are similar to mine. I would definitely say you definitely received a faulty battery or a battery that completely discharged in store. The latter is what happened to me.

There is a simple way of testing whether the battery itself is faulty. Charge it up before you go to bed, put the phone into airplane mode and turn off double tap, night mode and glance screen. If overnight the battery has dropped significantly, (30% in the case of my 2 1020's), then the battery is definitely faulty.
    03-24-2014 09:12 AM
    in my case, there was nothing wrong with the battery.
    However, it was a faulty CPU, which drew power even when not doing anything.
    03-24-2014 10:12 AM
    This is the main downside of the 1020 and this is the worst battery life of any mobile phone I have owned. I am not a power user and a I would consider myself a light user of my phone, less than 200 talk minutes a month, 100 texts a month and a 100 megabyte data plan. I also live in the a city and rarely see less than 5 signal bars so that is not running down the battery.

I am lucky to get a day and half from a full charge. I don't have time to charge by A/C when I notice power is running low so I have bought this power bank which is a Panasonic available in japan, which I had sent over. I am very cautious how I charge my phone as there is a lot of cheap Chinese junk that can ruin a phone. Pan. seems to make the best battery cells and excellent circuits. I don't know why they don't sell these in America.
    Attached Thumbnails 20367365_2.jpg  
    03-25-2014 04:31 AM
    I found my fully charged 1020 estimated 1 day and 17 hours to remain, but just after an hour it tells 6 hours.
    There seems to be some inconsistency between OS and the battery.
    I'll try to do some charge-discharge cycles to get them consistent.
    03-25-2014 01:47 PM
    wp_ss_20140323_0002.jpg

I have no problem with using the phone for 3 days.
    when I do not use it more than the minimum, the battery lasts more than 4 days.
    03-25-2014 02:29 PM
    Hi all, I bought my Lumia 1020 a week ago. It's only 6 days old so I'm not sure if the results of my battery performance are already significant or not (as some people said there are improvements around the second week). Anyways I am not happy at all with its performance. This night I checked how it would do by disabling everything, glance screen etc, and putting it in flight mode. The battery drained a 29%. Do you think guys this is normal? Should I wait a bit more of time to make sure the battery doesn't improve? Should I try a hard reset? Or should I directly go for a battery replacement? Thanks

wp_ss_20140326_0001.png
    03-26-2014 03:17 AM
    Hi all, I bought my Lumia 1020 a week ago. It's only 6 days old so I'm not sure if the results of my battery performance are already significant or not (as some people said there are improvements around the second week). Anyways I am not happy at all with its performance. This night I checked how it would do by disabling everything, glance screen etc, and putting it in flight mode. The battery drained a 29%. Do you think guys this is normal? Should I wait a bit more of time to make sure the battery doesn't improve? Should I try a hard reset? Or should I directly go for a battery replacement? Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140326_0001.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	60497
    look at my commentary above.
    It can be battery, but here I have heard that several have got replaced cpu and it has improved much. so get it checked out.
    in flight mode shall not hardware pull more than 1% tend to be much less, as long as all of the advice from nokia used.
    03-27-2014 02:40 AM
    could a hard reset solve my problem if CPU related? Should I try that before going to Nokia Care? Or should I also wait at least one more week to see any probable battery improvement? Thanks
    03-27-2014 03:12 PM
    could a hard reset solve my problem if CPU related? Should I try that before going to Nokia Care? Or should I also wait at least one more week to see any probable battery improvement? Thanks
    I wanted to wait a bit to see, some phones need to have calibrated the battery sensor, but this is in slight variations.
    The problem was with the old CPU was that it had a cash leakage current corresponding to about 8% and therefore did nothing else than to replace it.

The way to check this is to see if it is being used more at ease tasks like viewing pictures (on phone not online) and display power consumption when not is somewhat higher than the 10-15% and after that it just falls to about 10% without doing something for a long time.
    show it behaves the way it just to get it repaired and refers to possible Cpu fault (leakage current). they should be aware of this now.

Sorry for my English, i use google translator.
    03-28-2014 03:45 AM
    Thank you for your detailed explanation of the cpu problem! Since I have already sent in my 1020 to nokia care for repairing the "battery drain" issue, they only changed the battery which so far didn't resolve the problem. The battery drain is still high and with moderate usage I can make it only for ~15hours, definetly to less! So I would be very thankful if anyone could provide me a short but accurate description of the cpu problem for the guy in the nokia service store (the last time they only wrote a message with "high battery drain" and sent it to nokia. So I need a better (short) description for the guy (I didn't had the impression he really knows whats going on..)) Thank you very much...
    03-28-2014 06:46 AM
    Everyone, the realism about it is the Nokia Lumia 1020 so far has THE worst battery consumption of not only the lumias, but every single phone I've had, contacted with, or heard of, 2000 mag battery isn't much anyways, the phone was designed to be a camera, it was designed to be able to take good photos, but a a heavy cost, the phone heats up alot, and its designed for the CPU to work mainly for tasks including taking photos which isn't much, it wasn't designed to last long just to get what you get, that's why they also added the camera grip with a external battery because they know it doesnt last long enough to get the amount of photos you need done if you're a heavy photographer, like myself. It wasn't designed for capability, it was designed for capacity, if you don't want something with this ****ty of a battery than get a 520, the main focus of this phone is the camera so, is the battery life worth sacrificing to you to be able to get the perfect shot? For me it is, I currently have 4 of those PD-95G camera grip, chargeable case, and I dont leave home without them when going for a photo shoot, sometimes I dont even have to use one of their charges, sometimes I use em all, its a pet peeve but also a personal preference, you have to deal with it...
    04-05-2014 12:08 AM
    baterry problems everywhere.......................................
    04-05-2014 03:25 AM
    I found this fix for the 1520. It might also work for 1020
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ml#post2439303
    04-06-2014 12:54 PM
    baterry problems everywhere.......................................
    Is true. Nothing about battery status calibration done or not. I still think that the OS is not handling the battery life well.
    04-06-2014 09:30 PM
    How I fixed my battery problems:
    Just wanted to share how I was able to resolve my battery issues. I'm a moderate to heavy user of smartphones. I use it mostly on my 20-30 min bus ride to work, during lunch and on the bus ride back home.

When I initially bought my 1020, the battery life was decent. By decent I mean that it would last me till night. But starting about 2 months back, the battery life became worse and worse. After just my bus ride to work, by noon the phone would be almost dead. I ended up charging twice a day.

Then I saw a post by someone here, made a couple of changes and baam, I'm back to the "decent" old days - the battery lasts till night now.

What did I do? I used to use the 'Battery' app (from the creators of the new awesomely useful 'Volume' app). But a couple of months back, I switched to the 'Battery Performance' app (ironically). Secondly, since manual Gmail sync is horrible now on WP (takes forever to retrieve my new emails), I turned on the auto sync for every 1 hour. Apparently either one of these or both were the culprits. I uninstalled 'Battery Performance' and started using 'Battery' again. I disabled the Gmail auto sync. I could see the difference from the very next day.
    04-09-2014 10:27 AM
    battery got low... got the message... now the flash is on and won't go off... 2nd phone in three weeks.. same problem.
    04-19-2014 05:12 PM
    I am still cursing my battery drain...
    07-04-2014 12:26 AM
    I have new Nokia 1020, on my 3rd one in 2 weeks due to different faults on each.
    Regarding battery all 3 of mine seemed to drain quickly. My current nokia 1020 also drains battery quickly and like you am not happy at speed it does this when just doing simple tasks such as check twitter and web for 10mins uses 7% :(

re overnight battery usage (standby ide) mine is 8% over 9hrs 20mins. so similar to yours maybe worse! come to conclusion all Nokia Lumia 1020s will be similarly bad :(
    07-09-2014 08:51 AM
    BTW my phona usually doesn't take any longer than an hour to full charge from about 10-20%,so its super fast charging, and also, my phone is SUPER HOT RIGHT NOW during charging, its like not melt anything hot but really hot nonetheless, I'm using it while its charging and it only gets hot when I charge it
    My new Nokia Lumia 1020 phone takes 1hr 40 to charge from empty. :( I am using supplied Nokia wall charger. I have been told this is normal speed charging time for this charger.
    07-09-2014 08:55 AM
164 ... 4567