Nokia Lumia 1020 battery problems?

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Now before you say anything I know there are other threads about this issue, I have been researching this problem and potential tips since I got the phone, none have seemed to help me whatsoever with my battery...

So to start, I have had my phone for about 2 weeks now and am disgusted with the battery life. It can easily last me a whole day without use, maybe even two, but I bought this phone so it COULD be used, the camera drains about 2% every minute I use it,up to 5% a minute, I cannot play any games longer than an hour without draining my battery 30-40% also calling and talking to people drains it about 3-7 % every 5 minutes, the phone is constantly overheatng, and nokie seems to tell me that is a normal battery life? I have all background tasks disabled, all notifications, glance and double tap disabled, my emails are set to manually update, and I o ly have the wpcentral app the google drive app, halo Spartan assault, angry birds star wars 2, and fruit ninja, nothing else, again everything is disabled or manually set to refresh, I have made sure.it is not one of my apps, and I'm a heavily monitor of my phones life and usage, I watched about 15 minutes to 20 minutes on YouTube HQ and it drained my battery 10% , the battery is not despicable but its definitely not what its supposed to be...

All suggestions could help...

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
*UPDATE* so last night I uses it moderately for about 1-2 hours and got the battery to 25% it said I had around 7 hours left on charge (battery saver is on and enables at 20% battery life) I charged it to around 85% at around 10:00 PM (EST) and accidentally fell asleep keeping it on charge for about 8 hours (- 6:35 AM) at 100%
This morning after using the camera for a minute or so I lost two percent, checking the battery by auto focusing using my flash, then coming on here and posting this drained it to 92% (10 minutes on the web) I have LTE and 4 G enabled but even on WiFi its not much different problem seeing I have a LTE and 4G tower next to my house... But yeah, suggestion?

Commander Fresh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
If your phone is overheating when the battery problems occur, that means there is something that is causing your processor to work harder than it needs to. Possible culprits are certain apps running in the background (more likely ones you may have recently installed), or certain tasks are unable to be completed, and thus, putting the processor in a loop where it's constantly trying to do something it can't (for example, a bug in a script on a website you're visiting). Since all background tasks are already disabled, your problem may be the second one. If IE has no tabs open, perhaps something went wrong in your OS.
If all else fails, a hard reset should suffice. If your phone continues to behave abnormally even after a hard reset or two, bring it back and get it replaced.

DustyTrailhead

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, that's what a hard reset will do. But I don't think you should that unless you have a wonky OS. I have a 920, and it will get hot when I am not using it. I have been thru numerous resets and phones for othe issues. Yet, there is something intrinsic to the Lumia or OS that occasionally starts running a process without any impetus from the user. If I remember to check it, I can reboot and it cools down. Otherwise, my battery app will issue an SOS with 15 - 20% left. So, it is draining fast! I have wondered if my Wi-Fi is causing it. It usually happens when I come home from work. Most of the time I just preemptively reboot throughout the day. It's not so bad, though. A colleague upgraded his iPhone 5 to iOS7 and gets a half day with little usage. So, he plugs in when he gets to work. I can get most of a day--without the aforementioned runaway process--off the charger. One thing is certain. The display will suck your battery fast. If you're lookin, it's cookin.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The phone gets hot when I use the internet moderately (longer than 10 minutes)
The camera usually gets warm When I use it and using it for more than 10 minutes the aluminum is pretty warm,
I soft deserted my phone for the first time since I've got the phone 2 weeks ago, and the battery life is at 23 hours and its been at 72% since resetting it,with moderate internet usage on a LTE network, this morning when I got to school, it lost 4 percent just coming on here and commenting, also was at around 1 day and 11 hours of life, since I've soft reset it was at 21 hours and slowly rising, its been about a half an hour or so and it now says 23 hours of life... Idk but I hope the soft reset helped it, I really don't want to have to redo all of my stuff on my phone, the is is fine, the phone never crashes or gets low fps and the heating is now extremely hot, its like a heat pad maybe, I'm not too worried about the heating, now after using this phone for 40 minutes straight its barely warm, (using wpcentral app)
Also seems that the phone gets hotter when the screen is white or using the internet (google) or taking photos (obviously)

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
since I posted that last message my phones been dying at intervals of 2%, I'm moderately texting, and am quite certain the soft reset didn't help much...

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
am at 65% and draining, the discharge is actually seeming worse just for texting, and using this app usually doesn't drain much at all, let me check some settings and I'll get back to you guys thx

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
This is a common problem unfortunately :/ I had similar problems, I decided to return mine. Check the 920 and W8 parts of this forum, many people are reporting the same thing.

drkuthan

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I will suggest charging before the battery drops to 20 percent and when the charging is completed restart your phone it made a very big difference for me. I found this method myself ��

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett