Nokia Lumia 1020 battery problems?

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
And ny phone certainly did not come with a good battery it was horrid, about after the tenth charge or so in increments and no overcharging or undercharging its gotten outstanding

Dimble

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I usually charge it right after or before it hits twenty percent and charge it till hundred and leave it an extra few minutes just to make sure

i got my 1020 and this is my 4th day and i have issues with battery too but i think it is true for all that Lithium ion batteries are bad at first few days of use and it will get better day by day, but I also read that charging lithium ion batteries to 100% is not good also as it degrades the battery life over time. So it says, it is better to discharge it down to 40%-20% then charge it up until 80% only and not at full 100% to keep the battery at optimum level. here is the link though, you might want to read about it.

How Often Should I Charge My Gadget's Battery to Prolong Its Lifespan?

nehmek

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
And ny phone certainly did not come with a good battery it was horrid, about after the tenth charge or so in increments and no overcharging or undercharging its gotten outstanding

That's reassuring. The battery life is the only thing stopping me from truly enjoying my 1020. Glad to hear that yours has improved though. Maybe there is hope after all

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
i got my 1020 and this is my 4th day and i have issues with battery too but i think it is true for all that Lithium ion batteries are bad at first few days of use and it will get better day by day, but I also read that charging lithium ion batteries to 100% is not good also as it degrades the battery life over time. So it says, it is better to discharge it down to 40%-20% then charge it up until 80% only and not at full 100% to keep the battery at optimum level. here is the link though, you might want to read about it.

u have no idea how bad my battery life was when I had it, the first week I was trying to do everything possible to do to make it not die every day, It did get better and better until one day I accidentally let it stay charging on 100% for 6 hours and it was like a reset to the goodness, I let it die that day to around 14% then slowly made sure I charged it at the right times and also I find turning everything off like WiFi and data when charging keeps it from overheating when charging, I had a really bad time with overheating during charging, too many things going on while the battery was rebooting, even though I have barely anything on my phone

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
also, this may or may not be a solution for most, but I heard and I can claim myself, that having the sound all the way down (0,30) may or may not help your devices battery, only when its locked or so, listening to songs isn't a big deal

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
That's reassuring. The battery life is the only thing stopping me from truly enjoying my 1020. Glad to hear that yours has improved though. Maybe there is hope after all

I was really worried when o got my phone that I would be having to return it possibly a manufacturing error or possibly one out of a bad bunch, but you are basically starting a whole new device when you get the phone, you have to baby it to good wellness

Dimble

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
u have no idea how bad my battery life was when I had it, the first week I was trying to do everything possible to do to make it not die every day, It did get better and better until one day I accidentally let it stay charging on 100% for 6 hours and it was like a reset to the goodness, I let it die that day to around 14% then slowly made sure I charged it at the right times and also I find turning everything off like WiFi and data when charging keeps it from overheating when charging, I had a really bad time with overheating during charging, too many things going on while the battery was rebooting, even though I have barely anything on my phone

i hope mine gets better too, i am going to my 5th day of using my 1020, how is yours?

Intrepid00

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Draining lithium batteries to empty is bad for it. Keeping it charged is good. They wear out based on full charge cycles so 50% battery is charged is 50% of a full cycle count (in other words you only used half a charge cycle and you usually have thousands). If you store it though off it should be drained to about 60% battery and then powered off as that is the recommended store level.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
i hope mine gets better too, i am going to my 5th day of using my 1020, how is yours?

I purposely drained mime by heavy searching on the internet and YouTube for about am hour and only lost about 12% in that hour, as soon as I hit under 20% I plugged it in and charged it, also guys. A good note to keep in mind when charging your battery, as soon as it hits 100% lets it sit there from anywhere between 20 minutes to an hour, this usually increases it more than you would think, sometimes overcharging can be good, just don't overcharge it for more than an hour I'm warning you, try doing that a few days in a row and see how drastically it improves for you, keep in touch on here I wanna know how you're goin

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
also I have found that usually during charging the battery heats up the back quickly and slowly gets cooler, this has gotten better for me over time, just consider it, if u feel a bit of warmth just give it a while it should cool a little bit, if it gets hotter than I suggest unplug it and charge it in increments, do not just charge it for 20 minutes and decide it is getting hotter, it usually takes from anywhere of 45 minutes to an hour for you to be able to feel a difference on the back of the device.

Dimble

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
also I have found that usually during charging the battery heats up the back quickly and slowly gets cooler, this has gotten better for me over time, just consider it, if u feel a bit of warmth just give it a while it should cool a little bit, if it gets hotter than I suggest unplug it and charge it in increments, do not just charge it for 20 minutes and decide it is getting hotter, it usually takes from anywhere of 45 minutes to an hour for you to be able to feel a difference on the back of the device.

if i remember correctly, my 1020 starts to heat up when the charge is around 80% to 100% but not too hot, just slightly warm. then when 100% full, i turn it off then turn it on, the battery will display 98% full instead of the 100%.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
if i remember correctly, my 1020 starts to heat up when the charge is around 80% to 100% but not too hot, just slightly warm. then when 100% full, i turn it off then turn it on, the battery will display 98% full instead of the 100%.

whenever you restart your phone it should always lose from 2-8% depending on the batterys current state or life, personally the last 5 days I haven't lost a percent whatsoever after soft resetting or just rebooting

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
After recharging my phone to 100% I've been using it since I said on here with heavy usage, the camera and a bunch of surfing, not a single percent gone yet, the top 10% of life you get on your device is obviously 90-100 percent
But I'm looking forward to more prolonged usage and battery life

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Reconrevelations,

What you are saying is to let our Lumia 1020 drop to 20%, then recharge back to 100%? How many cycles of this did you preform till you saw the massive battery improvement?

Did you reboot your phone after each charging cycle (when charged to 100%) as well??

Thanks,

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Reconrevelations,

What you are saying is to let our Lumia 1020 drop to 20%, then recharge back to 100%? How many cycles of this did you preform till you saw the massive battery improvement?

Did you reboot your phone after each charging cycle (when charged to 100%) as well??

Thanks,
I did it about 8-10 times for it to make a noticeable improvement, its worth trying to do it for about a week or so

Dimble

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

can you tell me the exact way you charge yours? what i do is, turn off phone, then turn on, then charge too 100% then turn off again then turn on.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
can you tell me the exact way you charge yours? what i do is, turn off phone, then turn on, then charge too 100% then turn off again then turn on.

I charge it down to about 20% fully charge it back up but turn it off before you hit 100% and unplug it, let it cool down then restart and finish the full charge, there you go

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
One thing I notice about this phone is that its battery count is not very accurate. Remember the old Nokia brick phone? The battery stays at 3 bars for a very long time but once it gets down to 2 bars, you won't get much battery left.

Dimble

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I charge it down to about 20% fully charge it back up but turn it off before you hit 100% and unplug it, let it cool down then restart and finish the full charge, there you go

i charged it to 100% and i slept for about 7 hours, after i woke up, battery is 97% (3% loss in 7 hrs). now i am just connected via wifi without using it, i just turned it on for viber and whatsapp and email incoming messages, and lost 4% over 3 hrs of wifi in lock screen and not doing anything.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
i charged it to 100% and i slept for about 7 hours, after i woke up, battery is 97% (3% loss in 7 hrs). now i am just connected via wifi without using it, i just turned it on for viber and whatsapp and email incoming messages, and lost 4% over 3 hrs of wifi in lock screen and not doing anything.

whatsapp is a battery horemonger, I'm surprised you're getting that good of life with whatsapp installed, as for me WiFi uses more battery than LTE because its constantly rerouting making sure you're still connected and that is a battery killer as well, I only use 4G LTE or turn my data off completely

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)