Nokia Lumia 1020 battery problems?

Dimble

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
whatsapp is a battery horemonger, I'm surprised you're getting that good of life with whatsapp installed, as for me WiFi uses more battery than LTE because its constantly rerouting making sure you're still connected and that is a battery killer as well, I only use 4G LTE or turn my data off completely

i dont have problems with wifi. When using mobile data, my phones heats up and eats more battery like 3% every 10 mins.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
my third day on the same charge and I'm only at 50%, pretty good. The camera uses about 1-2% every 5 minutes while in camera, unless in for longer than 10 minutes it gets warm and uses faster, and whenever your phone gets hot immediately turn it off and wait 10 minutes then turn it back on. That alone can increase your battery life.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
i dont have problems with wifi. When using mobile data, my phones heats up and eats more battery like 3% every 10 mins.

follow my above steps, when your phone gets warm or overheats immediately power down and wait for 5-10 minutes, or however long until your phone is completely normal, no warmth on the back or the camera hump, the 1020 has a big problem with overheating because of the aluminum camera hump, it spreads it out more and potentially harms the hard wear if prolonged for a series of time.

Commander Fresh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
follow my above steps, when your phone gets warm or overheats immediately power down and wait for 5-10 minutes, or however long until your phone is completely normal, no warmth on the back or the camera hump, the 1020 has a big problem with overheating because of the aluminum camera hump, it spreads it out more and potentially harms the hard wear if prolonged for a series of time.
On the contrary, metal helps prevent damage from heat because it spreads it across, lowering the overall temperature. One of the reasons Macs use aluminum instead of plastic.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
On the contrary, metal helps prevent damage from heat because it spreads it across, lowering the overall temperature. One of the reasons Macs use aluminum instead of plastic.

metal heats up quite faster and more than matte plastic, you have to worry about the Carl Zeiss line and the aperture being affected as well, it may spread it out but it is still much more hotter and widespread

Commander Fresh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
metal heats up quite faster and more than matte plastic, you have to worry about the Carl Zeiss line and the aperture being affected as well, it may spread it out but it is still much more hotter and widespread
That is exactly why metal is superior at dissipating heat. Plastic keeps all the heat trapped inside, which is why it continues to stay cool. Metal takes the heat and spreads it over a larger area, and into the air around it.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Idk what's goin on but today I'm already at 62% from charging it less than 12 hours ago, I haven't used it much but I have been a low reception area all day, I removed alot of apps, soft reset it and rebooted it alot too. If I figure it out I'll inform you guys...

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I've diagnosed the slow but deadly discharge as constant searching for signal, although I have 2 bars my service is searching for signal, I'm turning my data off alott and moderately checking my phone, I'm now at 50% after 12 hours since charging, I'm gonna discharge it a few time and try to make it max capacity, try to fix this unfortunate conundrum.

Dimble

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
i went out yesterday i charged my phone from 30% to 80%. my phone reached 80% at aroun 5pm and i went off to party at aroun 8pm. i arrived at home at 12am and my batt is at 60% . i uploaded pics from the party then rest it for awhile. before i slept at around 9am, i checked that the battery is at 43%. when i woke up around 5pm, my batt is at 39%.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
last night I used my battery down to 38% and this morning it was at 8%!!!!! I was heavily using the internet in a low service are but on standby losing 30%??? Ridiculous, I'm gonna restart and make sure its not inacurate

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Charged it from 8% thus morning and constantly restarted due to ineffective power management, the percent wouldn't update whilst charging till about 60%, its been at 100% for 7 hours on little to no usage besides checking the percent and texting a few times, 99% while posting this, I hope it gets better again, idk what's been goin on lately

Dimble

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Charged it from 8% thus morning and constantly restarted due to ineffective power management, the percent wouldn't update whilst charging till about 60%, its been at 100% for 7 hours on little to no usage besides checking the percent and texting a few times, 99% while posting this, I hope it gets better again, idk what's been goin on lately

my batt is inconsistent, sometimes it is good sometimes not.

YERKOW

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
my batt is inconsistent, sometimes it is good sometimes not.
Hey, guys!
Im new here at wpcentral forums and I have lumia 1020 as well.
I bought it in the mid of october, after 1 week of the same problem you have - i went to shop and replaced it to another piece. Both samples had 3049.xxx.yyy(amber upd) firmware out of the box and both were discharging extremely fast--10%/hour even in flight mode(wtf???!!)
Later, it has been ota firmware update to 3050.xx.yyy.1002, then the battery life became a little more - 17~24 hours in standby...

I've noticed that after you full charge it and switch to flight mode for 1~2 hours and turn off it(flight mode i mean) later leads my standby up to 30~36 hours....

And if u start to use, it still drains f***ing abnormally fast, but better than before - damn i bought this smartphone not for putting it aside in standby mode? What the heck it is Nokia? Where r those battery lifes from E71/E72 haa...???!!!

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, guys!
Im new here at wpcentral forums and I have lumia 1020 as well.
I bought it in the mid of october, after 1 week of the same problem you have - i went to shop and replaced it to another piece. Both samples had 3049.xxx.yyy(amber upd) firmware out of the box and both were discharging extremely fast--10%/hour even in flight mode(wtf???!!)
Later, it has been ota firmware update to 3050.xx.yyy.1002, then the battery life became a little more - 17~24 hours in standby...

I've noticed that after you full charge it and switch to flight mode for 1~2 hours and turn off it(flight mode i mean) later leads my standby up to 30~36 hours....

And if u start to use, it still drains f***ing abnormally fast, but better than before - damn i bought this smartphone not for putting it aside in standby mode? What the heck it is Nokia? Where r those battery lifes from E71/E72 haa...???!!!

yeah, its pretty ridiculous that a 2,000 MaH battery can barely last a day, even on an amoled display, most of the time not lighting up any pixels at all, it does have alot more re than other phones do, even shares red size with the new 1520 even though its screen is 1 1/2 inches bigger than the 1020 screen, my life has slowly dropped with light internet use. Long calls and photos, at 85% and been off the charge for 11 hours now.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Also my battery has eventually gotten rid of getting hot, a few soft resets and decent charging habits and its all good for me, the battery life is as expected from the phones for me I just can't stand it, I switched from an iPhone 3 that I had for 3 years, it had a 800MaH battery and it lasted waaaaaaay longer on a charge than this phone, pretty upsetting, although usually iPhones don't need the best specs to run stuff easily

Dimble

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Now i dont see the 'last time since charged' thing. now i dont know how long i havent charged my phone. i did soft reset but it still does not appear.

wp_ss_20131128_0001.png

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Heres a new one for you all - My 1020 lasts all day and by about 11pm I get the battery critical warning and by midnight its dead. Last night however I picked it up and pushed in the power button, to my surprise the phone springs back to life and the battery shows up at 46% charged.

Strange to say the least - first time its happened too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99