Was asked today "Is that the phone with the sick *** camera?" Lol lumia 1020 getting popular

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Was asked today "Is that the phone with the sick *** camera?" Lol lumia 1020 getting popular

Some sworn apple die hard asked me if my lumia 920 was a 1020. Pretty cool that the 1020 is getting this popular in the mainstream world, i was suprised. Anyone else get asked if you have "the phone with the sick *** camera?" Lol

cooldudefred

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Was asked today "Is that the phone with the sick *** camera?" Lol lumia 1020 getting popular

Yh i got my 520 out today and my friend asked me if it was that phone with the 41MP camera.

Dhan117

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Was asked today "Is that the phone with the sick *** camera?" Lol lumia 1020 getting popular

Ye people do ask that. I have the Yellow version and it does really stand out and a lot of people know about the phone . WP and nokia is on the rise !!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

i always get variants of that

i have to awkwardly explain how my 920 is a bit below that phone

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

I finally saw another person with a 1020. Finally lol.

And right after that a lady freaked when she saw me taking photos in the mall. Asked where I bought and promptly went to check out the Microsoft store. :)

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Some sworn apple die hard asked me if my lumia 920 was a 1020. Pretty cool that the 1020 is getting this popular in the mainstream world, i was suprised. Anyone else get asked if you have "the phone with the sick *** camera?" Lol

Well, they got something right, the camera IS 'Sick', it still need to be fixed... (yellow tint when using Flash)

Potami

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Its crazy how rare it is to see anybody with a Lumia. I went to the nearest Microsoft store yesterday, which is over a hundred miles away from where I live, and I saw a guy with a Lumia 720. Wanted to hug him. Lol

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Ye people do ask that. I have the Yellow version and it does really stand out and a lot of people know about the phone . WP and nokia is on the rise !!!

That is good, i have only seen 1 lumia 920 in the wild but have seen 20 lumia 520's in the wild. It makes sense looking at the numbers, i have seen some 8x's too.

Pawlee

May 2, 2013
Visit site

Aye, I'v been getting it a lot… but then there's been a big marketing push in the UK with numerous networks advertising it as well as Nokia and Microsoft doing a fair bit too.

But then I did go on about the 808 quite a bit, whereas that was relatively unknown so I'd get a "is that one of them Lumia phones" and I'd have to explain "No, it's one of Nokia's phones on their old operating system, but it has a really good camera" whereas now as I can say "yeah, it's the Lumia with the really good camera".

It's nice to stand out from the iPhone crowd, and definitely to have such a defining feature. People's minds flip as soon as I show them the zoom later/re-cropping - and as always when showing off down the pub the xenon really shines against other phones, regardless of all other tech in the 1020, that xenon shows it best.

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

I get tons of attention with my yellow Nokia 1020. Whenever I'm at parties, people harrass the hell out of me to send them the awesome pic i just took with my camera phone. Great way to pick up hot chicks as well!

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

I was at Best Buy yesterday and a surprisingly great sales rep was helping me when I was looking at the Surface 2. He pointed out another tablet that caught my eye and I went to take a pic and asked if that was the 1020 and I said ya, and he goes you are the second one I have seen to have that, the manager of the cell phone department uses that as his daily phone! We started talking about WP, Apple and Android, and he agreed android is sorta run its course for now, but he was running an older iphone, I explained its a solid phone, just too small for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs