Nokia Lumia 1020 - When will official GDR3 update be available?

Dhan117

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I know the developer preview is out for GDR3. Does anybody know when is the actual release date for it. I have the rogers version of the 1020 just curious on when I will get it

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I know AT&T sucks at releasing updates, but being realistic, when is a reasonable guess to expect the GDR3 update from AT&T for the 1020?

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Nokia should have released the phone with these features already instead of providing an update after almost a year from the release.

Having said that, it's not just the issue of Nokia. And it is generally a good practice to wait half a year to a year after the product release before you buy it anyways.

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Nokia should have released the phone with these features already instead of providing an update after almost a year from the release.

Having said that, it's not just the issue of Nokia. And it is generally a good practice to wait half a year to a year after the product release before you buy it anyways.

By that time, usually something better has either been announced or released that probably includes the fixes/enhancements that should've came with whatever device you were looking at 6m prior... vicious cycle but if you're one to be happy with a device that is a quarter or even a halfway into it's effective life cycle/support, then by all means. Though I'm new to the Windows Phone game so I'm not sure how accurate that is but that's how most Android devices are besides the Nexus devices...

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I miss the timely release of updates that MS proved was possible with the Mango update; since then it seems the update schedule has gone down the ****ter.
At this pace we will see the WP8.1 for ATT 1020 maybe in 2015.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
GDR1 was fast, GDR2 was 3 weeks after what they said it would come out - there hasnt been really any confirmations other than the coming weeks to early 2014 so no one really knows.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I miss the timely release of updates that MS proved was possible with the Mango update; since then it seems the update schedule has gone down the ****ter.
At this pace we will see the WP8.1 for ATT 1020 maybe in 2015.

Probably I will flash my phone as soon as WP8.1 firmware comes out.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
GDR3 Black Friday My foot MS is too slow irritating WP users wana to swich out from wp if this behavior of MS yet could not i recieved any GDR3 Update notification what to do MS says it ill be on 22nd november i checked out all variant codes through NCS but yet they could not released are they responsible? is MS is a responsible company????
there is a Big ????? why should not we switch out from wp. i was thinking MS is the best Nokia is the world's best company but today they force me to change my mind...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12