Plastic screen protectors or rubbery ones with ZERO orange peel

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Looked at the few threads there were about screen protectors for the 1020 but still not any closer to picking one. I typically hate the rubbery ones as they just don't feel smooth and most seem to have that orange peel effect like the Zaggs exhibit. Are there any plastic ones out for the 1020 or are they all the rubbery material? Are there any of the rubbery ones that don't have that orange peel effect? Was hoping GearMaxx had some for the 1020 but haven't found them if they do. Prefer a dry install too.

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm no replies.....well went with the Skinomi screen protector since I have used their products on a couple of devices and liked it. Hopefully this is the same.

Sent from my Lumia 1020

ped306

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
ive got that one on mine, carnt fault it. also had it on my 808 for a year & still have. quality skin. looks like new.:smile:

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I personally love Xtremeguard protectors, I get them for every single device I have. Works well and cheap with coupons (and there's always active coupons from 70-90% off). All wet apply ones like that will have some orange peel effect but the extent of it differs between brands. I think Xtremeguard is one of the best of the wet apply ones. Maybe I'm used to it but it never really bothered me. I've never use dry apply ones anymore.

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I have used xtreme guard but they feel too rubbery and affect the feel of the device too much IMO. After putting this skinomi one on and using it on my xperia z as well I've decided to use them for all my devices. Really like the way it feels when on the device and foes on smooth with no orange peel if installed correctly.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The current batch of Zagg's seem to exhibit less orange peel. Mine looked horrible going on, but over time it got smoother and now just has the occasional temporary divot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05