Opening Nokia camera app with shutter buton requires pw?

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I've searched but I couldn't find anything about this. I've assigned the Nokia camera (pro?) app to the shutter button. It works fine when my phone is unlocked but if it's in a locked state and I try to open up just the camera to take a pic, it asks for pw before it allows me into the app. The stock (WP8?) camera app does allow taking of photos but requires pw unlock to review photos which I'm perfectly fine with but not allowing me to just take a pic sucks... is there an option to change this besides removing my pw lock? TIA!

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Did you looking the main settings page ??? Swipe
Left scroll to photos + camera and tick or untick your desired option

Edit oh sorry i see what you mean no i think your stuck with that.

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
+1, I imagine it is due to it not having the privileges of the built-in camera

That was what I was thinking as well... but with the access Nokia has, should've been easy to change/make happen. Well now that MS bought Nokia, hope it gets "fixed".

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I've searched but I couldn't find anything about this. I've assigned the Nokia camera (pro?) app to the shutter button. It works fine when my phone is unlocked but if it's in a locked state and I try to open up just the camera to take a pic, it asks for pw before it allows me into the app. The stock (WP8?) camera app does allow taking of photos but requires pw unlock to review photos which I'm perfectly fine with but not allowing me to just take a pic sucks... is there an option to change this besides removing my pw lock? TIA!

My workaround is to have the option to ask for password only after 25 minutes, because I pretty much look at my phone every 20 min. I never see the password. lol

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My workaround is to have the option to ask for password only after 25 minutes, because I pretty much look at my phone every 20 min. I never see the password. lol

Same, I set passwords for 15 minutes, so I rarely have to enter password when using the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos