Lumia 1020 design flaw!

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
After going through at least five L920 devices because of hardware and software defects, I was given a L1020.
And I must say I miss the hell out of my 920 device. This 1020 device is an example of how not to design a phone. The device is almost impossible to grip. And I would not dare let anyone else handle it. Letting someone else take a picture with it is a nightmare waiting to happen,as my sister in law initially dropped it as soon as I gave it to her. Also, the hump in the back while necessary, makes handling the device very frustrating. I hate using a case but I have to get one. Does anyone know of a quality case for the 1020?

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
its not a desing flaw mate , its a personal thing , I find the 1020 feels great in the hand in fact a case ruins its matte feel and I don't like putting it in a case but do as I want to protect it lol

anyways this case will help a lot with grip and camera hump protection

Accessories For Nokia Lumia 1020 TPU Gel Skin Case Cover & Screen Protector | eBay

and this one is pretty much the same but a hard case style and not tpu

Nillkin Matte Textured Super Shield Hard Shell Case Cover Nokia Lumia 1020 Black | eBay

then you have the more exspesnive case with great protection the otterbox range

OtterBox Lumia 1020 Defender Case & Holster Black Hybrid Cover New Genuine | eBay

please note all links are just that links to show the product I am talking about , I have not used any of them sellers and my ebay browser was open so just used that to quickly show you a few I suggest shopping around ;-)

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Seriously??

I find the 1020 as easy to hold as my 8x. One handed my fingers naturally move to either side of the camera bump. If you are really worried about dropping it put the lanyard on and have it round your wrist

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm,

I think it's all personal preference. I have no problem holding/typing/using my Lumia 1020... Love it.

Most definitely - I have used my friends 920 a few times and prefer holding the 1020 because of the camera bump. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Wouldn't call it a design flaw though.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The camera bulge has never effected the way I hold the phone. Really, its a few mm's. If anything, its something to rest a finger against.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Have to disagree here. I just received my 1020 as a warrantly replacement for my 920. I think the hump allows a place for fingers to rest when holding the phone. I also think it gives the device some characater as a again...it doesn't look like every other device out there while possessing the best camera phone to date - bonus!

I currently have a Incipio feather case on my 1020 until I receive the Nillkin case that a link was posted for above. I think for someone wanting to maintain that matte finish, this case would be a good alternative although a bit slick at times. I'm looking forward to the Nillkin which adds some texture to allow a bit of a better grip. This 1020 rocks and I haven't even begun to test out the camera as of yet:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb