This or the 920 ?

Fry3000

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I can get around 200$ off buying the 920. What should I go for? Have been reading up on both and people are talking about the 920 getting really hot, screen tint.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I can get around 200$ off buying the 920. What should I go for? Have been reading up on both and people are talking about the 920 getting really hot, screen tint.

L1020 has slimmer body, 2GB of RAM and a better camera. L920 is cheaper. I think it's your call. I would go for L1020 because I can get it cheap on contract.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i had the choice of recently buying the newer, fancier 1020 or the older 920, i am very camera centric with my phones, but i opted for the 920, as i am a fan of the thicker, heavy, form factor, smooth with no bumps, and with inbuilt charging, i think if i didnt own the 808 already, i would have gone for the 1020 for its camera, but i couldnt face the prospect of that bulge in my hand, it goes against my design ethos and the 920 is a thing of beauty aesthetically, lovely slick industrial design

when i first got the 920, it did get hot, but then i simply tweaked it more, by ticking or unticking all the options which cause that, its purely down to user configuration whether it gets hot or not, not a fault, as mine hasnt got hot once now since i turned a lot of the faff off, screen tint is configurable slightly, but i know what you mean, but all screens have different color temperature tolerances and there are variances even in the same models, and btw, 1020 has reports of colour tinges too

i can see most people would go for the 1020. but to me its a device in evolution still, not completed.

chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Yup, it can be hot especially on your jeans pocket
It can be annoying
I personally had Nokia 920, but after 5 months I sold it
Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice device
It's just that:
1. too heavy for my taste
2. too thick
3. too warm on the pocket (not all the time)

And at that time I got iphone 5 for a really really good deal
For now, I will go with the 1020 no question asked

But let say 1020 is too expensive, I suggest you to get the 925 instead
Thinner, lighter, low light camera is an improvement over the 920
Better design with metal side

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire