12-11-2014 01:49 PM
263 12345 ...
tools
    Rats & roaches, I got a mail saying my device returned failed :(.
    Anyone having at&t wants to help me? I'll pay you thru paypal :(
    A mail from ideviceguys? Did they at least refund you?
    12-10-2013 12:52 PM
    Will any unlock code work? I have an unlock code from AT&T for my old 920.
    12-10-2013 01:00 PM
    No, it won't. The unlock codes are device specific,based on the IMEI.
    12-10-2013 01:04 PM
    A mail from ideviceguys? Did they at least refund you?
    I will wait until monday before I do something about it.
    Nope, each device has its unique unlock code, unique to its IMEI, unless two phones run on the same IMEI which is illegal in most of the countries :p.

Looking at all the fuss, here is my deal - http://forums.windowscentral.com/mar...k-code-me.html
    12-11-2013 02:22 AM
    Called AT&T international assist, all I got was disappointment....thats really sad now.
    12-11-2013 08:38 AM
    Called AT&T international assist, all I got was disappointment....thats really sad now.
    what did they tell you?
    12-11-2013 10:42 AM
    what did they tell you?
    They told me that I need to apply a special moisturizer cream, drink tea so my throat is clear and voice is sweet, and also wear neatly ironed clothes before I call them so they can tell me that "We do not do unlocks over the phone now, you need to submit the online unlock request form, if you are a non AT&T customer ask the person who gave you the phone or gifted you the phone to submit the form for you"

To keep it simple, no matter what cream you apply, what tea you drink or what suit you wear, if you are not an AT&T customer, they won't give you the candy, ever.
    broar94, xandros9 and jenia90 like this.
    12-11-2013 09:38 PM
    This is the only copmany in u.s who give everyone hard time with unlocking = AT&T sucks.
    Look for someone who has an account with those suckers, and you gotta know few things:
    they will always tell you. the phone must be active with att line for at least 3 month before any unlock request.
    the one who's calling them must bring the conversation to the point they open a Special Case for you.
    if not - ask for Supervisor.
    once you have an opened case you half way from getting your freedon code.
    This is the only way for now to deal with this suck company.
    Wish you luck!
    12-12-2013 06:23 PM
    Spent some time talking to AT&T's customer retention people. Well, #customerretentionfail. After telling them that I'd pay the ETF and leave, they did seem to take some time to look at options, and then they said 'you just signed a new contract two months ago, sorry, we can't.'

So now I ordered a straight sim talk and I'll transfer my number and pay the ETF. For one thing, out of spite. And second, It'll save me $30/mo, so I'll make back the ETF in a year. And third, they said that once the ETF was paid they'd unlock the phone. If that does work I'll post back.

Probably too late for my holiday travel, but at least I'll get the satisfaction that they'll lose about $1500 by being so inflexible. Well, minus the money that Straight Talk pays them..
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-12-2013 06:52 PM
    This is the only copmany in u.s who give everyone hard time with unlocking = AT&T sucks.
    Look for someone who has an account with those suckers, and you gotta know few things:
    they will always tell you. the phone must be active with att line for at least 3 month before any unlock request.
    the one who's calling them must bring the conversation to the point they open a Special Case for you.
    if not - ask for Supervisor.
    once you have an opened case you half way from getting your freedon code.
    This is the only way for now to deal with this suck company.
    Wish you luck!
    My luck is running like loose motions, am losing it fast and the prices are soaring as if World War 3 has struck AT&T servers, they are limited with ration and have endless people to feed.

Spent some time talking to AT&T's customer retention people. Well, #customerretentionfail. After telling them that I'd pay the ETF and leave, they did seem to take some time to look at options, and then they said 'you just signed a new contract two months ago, sorry, we can't.'

So now I ordered a straight sim talk and I'll transfer my number and pay the ETF. For one thing, out of spite. And second, It'll save me $30/mo, so I'll make back the ETF in a year. And third, they said that once the ETF was paid they'd unlock the phone. If that does work I'll post back.

Probably too late for my holiday travel, but at least I'll get the satisfaction that they'll lose about $1500 by being so inflexible. Well, minus the money that Straight Talk pays them..
    Every single statement went over my head because I don't know how AT&T's plans work, all I do know is that they are the best thugs you can see in white clothes, not because of the unlocking chaos, but they've always been the worst providers. Never heard bad words about CDMA players :).
    12-12-2013 09:52 PM
    12-13-2013 12:15 AM
    A wolf in sheep's clothing, it clearly mentions many shields which the carrier can use to defend itself.

"Prepaid customers cannot ask for unlocking for a year" is one of that
    12-13-2013 12:24 AM
    A wolf in sheep's clothing, it clearly mentions many shields which the carrier can use to defend itself.

"Prepaid customers cannot ask for unlocking for a year" is one of that
    But Carrier can charge us some fee to unlock
    12-13-2013 12:38 AM
    But Carrier can charge us some fee to unlock
    I really am brain dead at the moment, loaded with a mountain of work, have to dig through it to find a hair. Probably I need some rest now.
    12-13-2013 12:42 AM
    I really am brain dead at the moment, loaded with a mountain of work, have to dig through it to find a hair. Probably I need some rest now.
    Take a rest guys, we will unlock lumia 1020 soon
    12-13-2013 12:48 AM
    Take a rest guys, we will unlock lumia 1020 soon
    Man, I'll be in coma shortly....

I've the most beautiful girl sitting in my lap and seems like I have an E.D. lol..
    12-13-2013 01:22 AM
    take a rest guys, we will unlock lumia 1020 soon
    when?
    12-14-2013 12:43 AM
    When AT&T allows it. The new unlocking agreement between the feds and carriers doesn't need to be adhered anytime soon. They have a whole 12 months to comply and even then they will probably use all types of excuses. Only time will tell how it'll end up. Those of us who bought the AT&T version of the phone, which includes me, thinking that we could unlock will just have to suck it up until they begin unlocking again. Sucks but it is what it is.
    12-14-2013 01:03 AM
    When AT&T allows it. The new unlocking agreement between the feds and carriers doesn't need to be adhered anytime soon. They have a whole 12 months to comply and even then they will probably use all types of excuses. Only time will tell how it'll end up. Those of us who bought the AT&T version of the phone, which includes me, thinking that we could unlock will just have to suck it up until they begin unlocking again. Sucks but it is what it is.
    Oh come on man, I don't want my grandchildren to use this monster.
    12-14-2013 02:29 AM
    im calling from sri lanka to at&t international care service,,once i got up the line they asks me at&t number which don't have,,bought from ebay ,,seller said,,he got as this as gift,,never use a sim
    12-14-2013 02:55 AM
    im calling from sri lanka to at&t international care service,,once i got up the line they asks me at&t number which don't have,,bought from ebay ,,seller said,,he got as this as gift,,never use a sim
    If no sim was ever inserted in the phone, even god cannot unlock it because AT&T does not have the IMEI in its database yet.
    12-14-2013 03:01 AM
    If no sim was ever inserted in the phone, even god cannot unlock it because AT&T does not have the IMEI in its database yet.
    oooooops..
    12-14-2013 03:07 AM
    oooooops..
    Sorry about that, but thats how it works.
    12-14-2013 03:22 AM
    Looks like you did montsa.
    12-14-2013 03:38 AM
    Looks like you did montsa.
    I did what nocial?
    12-14-2013 03:42 AM
263 12345 ...