12-11-2014 01:49 PM
263 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I did what nocial?
    Make a mistake purchasing a locked at&t device :p
    12-14-2013 03:51 AM
    Make a mistake purchasing a locked at&t device :p
    Man, it is the biggest mistake of my life, I feel like throwing rocks at AT&T now...hopefully ideviceguys sent me an email saying he has a new supplier and wanted to use my imei as a tester, I okayed and he demanded 1-7 days to come with the output, it better be an unlock code because I am fed up.

I even planned to offload the 1020 locally and get a 64GB unlocked variant from Ebay UK.

I vow never ever to buy a locked device (unless android, which I wont buy for personal use) again.
    12-14-2013 03:59 AM
    If no sim was ever inserted in the phone, even god cannot unlock it because AT&T does not have the IMEI in its database yet.
    I'm pretty sure if its a branded phone of ANY kind, the carrier will have the IMEI in their database. It is branded for a reason. You can check by inputting the IMEI into the AT&T's unlock it and it'll tell you. I just entered my Verizon iPhone 4s and it automatically pulled it up as an iPhone so it seems they even have other carriers IMEI numbers. Not sure if they all share some common db based on the OEM. If you enter in any Lumia 1020 and it'll state device cannot be currently be unlocked.
    vimukthi999 likes this.
    12-14-2013 02:02 PM
    Man, it is the biggest mistake of my life, I feel like throwing rocks at AT&T now...hopefully ideviceguys sent me an email saying he has a new supplier and wanted to use my imei as a tester, I okayed and he demanded 1-7 days to come with the output, it better be an unlock code because I am fed up.

I even planned to offload the 1020 locally and get a 64GB unlocked variant from Ebay UK.

I vow never ever to buy a locked device (unless android, which I wont buy for personal use) again.

let us know if it works.
    12-14-2013 02:03 PM
    let us know if it works.
    It better work else someone will be dead lol.
    12-15-2013 12:46 AM
    12-15-2013 05:03 AM
    Just buy an international version from Amazon or Ebay,make sure it,s designated RM875,which is intl version,AT+T version is RM877.Even unlocked the AT+T model still has it,s software which could disable some features.2 i heard of are wireless charging and dificulties transfering music or making ringtone out of your songs
    12-15-2013 10:52 AM
    Just buy an international version from Amazon or Ebay,make sure it,s designated RM875,which is intl version,AT+T version is RM877.Even unlocked the AT+T model still has it,s software which could disable some features.2 i heard of are wireless charging and dificulties transfering music or making ringtone out of your songs

if we all knew it'd be so hard to unlock we'd obviously would've bought other versions. To our defense, it was only fairly recent that AT&T clamped down on unlocking some phones like the 1020. People had no issues unlocking a few months prior whether through the carrier or 3rd party.
    12-15-2013 08:01 PM
    if we all knew it'd be so hard to unlock we'd obviously would've bought other versions. To our defense, it was only fairly recent that AT&T clamped down on unlocking some phones like the 1020. People had no issues unlocking a few months prior whether through the carrier or 3rd party.
    That,s because AT+T is plain greedy.This is not just recently either, i had problem with them not wanted to give unlock codes going back about 8 years when i was using them,now i,m on T-Mobile.They used to say and it sounds like they still do-lying that only Nokia has the codes and if i call Nokia they say AT+T has the codes which i presume is the correct answer.If i can remember back then only the higher end ones can,t be unlocked by 3rd party,now it seems like they stopped all the codes.But T-Mobile is not like that,even though it doesn,t apply to me since i have a factory unlocked Lumia 1020 they said they will unlocked a phone bought fron them no problem and free of charge,only stipulation is phone is in use for 45 days-no runarounds,hassles.Perhaps it,s great the US govt stopped the attempted merger by AT+T with T-Mobile-that would be a disaster!
    12-16-2013 02:26 AM
    I was finally able to unlock my ATT branded 1020 but not until the ETF fees were paid. Unfortunately, once I was on TMo, the phone would not/could not send picture texts and the coverage in my area for TMo was horrendous. I could lose signal or go from 4 bars to 1/2 bar while sitting in the same chair in a matter of seconds.

I may not like ATT's pricing but, unfortunately, you get what you pay for. And with TMo, my bill was low but so was my coverage area. Be sure to test the snot out of your coverage when you switch...full disclosure: I switched to TMo two months ago and just switched back to ATT due to lack of signal - their customer service was always helpful and courteous (they even sent me a cell booster for my home (didn't help)) but in the end, it's all about the bars...
    12-16-2013 12:36 PM
    Thankfully for me, Tmo works fine wherever I am though their data speeds vary greatly. Tmo was great on my Nexus 4. Would've gotten a Nexus 5 but wanted to try windows phone. Next time I may just buy a Verizon LTE phone since they are being released unlocked.
    12-17-2013 01:03 AM
    Found another site, chronicunlock.com. They increased their price substantially though... It is now $99.99 to unlock any AT&T phones. I may be willing but I'm not going to do so unless someone tries it first with success... Hahaha I will not be the guinea pig.
    12-17-2013 01:24 AM
    USA AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 Unlock Code - Unlock Nokia Lumia 1020 from AT&T USA

what about these guys,,they said they really can do it,,can i trust?
    12-18-2013 04:34 AM
    USA AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 Unlock Code - Unlock Nokia Lumia 1020 from AT&T USA

what about these guys,,they said they really can do it,,can i trust?
    I will post my device with Idevice guys next week when the owner should come up with something.
    The attunlock site was not accepting AT&T Lumia orders until now, I see their price as $99, never tested them.

@Ukyo, its $99 for AT&T Iphones only, for Lumia its $75~, however they do not mention whether its for AT&T or Fido or anything specific, I'd be wary.
    12-18-2013 06:17 AM
    The site was mentioned on a blog that wrote about AT&T clamping down on unlocking and seems legit. I'm going to sell my 1020 soon if there there's no way to unlock in the near future.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    12-18-2013 10:52 PM
    The site was mentioned on a blog that wrote about AT&T clamping down on unlocking and seems legit. I'm going to sell my 1020 soon if there there's no way to unlock in the near future.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    I'll probably hold on for a bit, unlocks should be on the way already.
    12-19-2013 03:48 AM
    I'll probably hold on for a bit, unlocks should be on the way already.
    sounds good dear,,but what if its never coming?
    12-19-2013 04:32 AM
    ^The only thing that is never coming is the end of the world.
    vimukthi999 likes this.
    12-19-2013 05:16 AM
    ^The only thing that is never coming is the end of the world.
    positive mind,,like that,,thumbs up..
    montsa007 likes this.
    12-19-2013 05:58 AM
    I think ideviceguys won't get the code either. They haven't replied to any of my emails in the last week.
    montsa007 likes this.
    12-19-2013 02:29 PM
    I can't belive that i am saying it, but:
    I have successfully unlocked my awesome lumia 1020. Thank you God!
    montsa007 please contact me in private I'll do my best to help!

but right now after i've seen the 1520 i may trade mine with someone who has 1520.

i still hate at&t
    Hernan_Giuliano and montsa007 like this.
    12-19-2013 03:15 PM

but right now after i've seen the 1520 i may trade mine with someone who has 1520.

i still hate at&t
    You don't feel like sharing with the rest of us? ;)
    montsa007 likes this.
    12-19-2013 03:49 PM

i still hate at&t
    That's awesome. I sent you a PM :)
    montsa007 likes this.
    12-19-2013 04:36 PM

i still hate at&t
    how did u do it,,pls tell me?
    montsa007 likes this.
    12-19-2013 10:37 PM
    I think ideviceguys won't get the code either. They haven't replied to any of my emails in the last week.
    I am hoping to get a reply by coming wednesday morning my time, a final reply.

i still hate at&t
    I hate AT&T too, I've sent you a lovely PM sealed with a kiss.
    You don't feel like sharing with the rest of us? ;)
    NO!, you said that you love AT&T in past posts LOL!!!
    That's awesome. I sent you a PM :)
    Hmm, you didn't seal the PM with a kiss, did you?
    how did u do it,,pls tell me?
    You were supposed to send him a PM sealed with a kiss, since I did it, I get the attention and the possible solution.
    12-20-2013 02:33 AM
263 ... 23456 ...