12-11-2014 01:49 PM
263 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I think anyone that purchases a device locked to another carrier has made a mistake. I do feel bad for them. However it's a chance you take. My advice is to sell it and move on. Life is full of learning experiences. Those of us on ATT are happy to purchase these locked devices at a lower price.
    I guess you have enough money to throw away that you don,t mind paying up to $2.39 for roaming minutes outside of USA when you can pay as low as .07/min on foreign sim or perhaps you don,t travel outside of US in that case staying on AT+T is fine
    12-28-2013 08:48 AM
    Hello Izik... I've sent you several PM and I'm desperate to unlock my Lumia... Could any of you send me his email address?
    Hi. This site requires me waiting 120 sec between each PM.
    That's why i can't respond everyone at same time.
    12-28-2013 06:03 PM
    Great, izik's email was removed. Those who received his PM with the instructions, please share 'em with me

Regards,
    Another frustrated locked-1020 user

P.S. Here's my sealed kiss
    12-29-2013 01:14 PM
    I would also like to receive this PM. Thanks. I have sent him a PM but haven't heard back, but thanks izik!
    12-29-2013 08:57 PM
    Great, izik's email was removed. Those who received his PM with the instructions, please share 'em with me

Regards,
    Another frustrated locked-1020 user

P.S. Here's my sealed kiss
    I would also like to receive this PM. Thanks. I have sent him a PM but haven't heard back, but thanks izik!
    I just sent you a PM guys.
    izik's instructions do work. Unfortunately, not for me cause I got the phone off eBay and I'm not the original owner.
    shantahan likes this.
    12-29-2013 09:17 PM
    Hi. This site requires me waiting 120 sec between each PM.
    That's why i can't respond everyone at same time.
    Hi Izik,
    I just sent over an PM with my email. I hope I can unlock I am about to sell this Nokia 1020 just because of ATT unlock policy...help will be appreciated!

izik's instructions do work. Unfortunately, not for me cause I got the phone off eBay and I'm not the original owner.
    Can I also get a PM of the instructions. Thank you!
    12-29-2013 09:24 PM
    I bought my 920 off of Craigslist and it worked for me. But a 920 might be easier than a1020.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-29-2013 09:51 PM
    For those trying and tried Izik's method, if successful, did you purchase the phone brand new or used? I bought mine off Swappa.
    12-29-2013 09:57 PM
    I bought my 920 off of Craigslist and it worked for me. But a 920 might be easier than a1020.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    How did you do it? 'Cause I was told two times that I would need to contact the original owner in order to get the original receipt :/
    12-29-2013 11:58 PM
    How did you do it? 'Cause I was told two time that I would need to contact the original owner in order to get the original receipt :/
    Same here.
    12-30-2013 12:02 AM
    I just gave them the PayPal receipt and they told me that because I paid so much they will unlock it.. Maybe I just got lucky with the rep :P

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 Tapatalk
    12-30-2013 05:11 AM
    I just gave them the PayPal receipt and they told me that because I paid so much they will unlock it.. Maybe I just got lucky with the rep :P

how much u paid for it?
    12-30-2013 05:20 AM
    so any one have unlock it? can you share it with me the steps? i'm from indonesia and i bought it from ebay and now i just put the phone in my drawer... please help
    12-30-2013 06:29 AM
    How did you do it? 'Cause I was told two times that I would need to contact the original owner in order to get the original receipt :/
    They said I would need to provide Proof of Purchase, and also the IMEI if it wasn't on the PoP. In my reply I said that I don't have a receipt because I bought it private, but here's the IMEI. The next email I received from AT&T was the unlock code. But again, I have a 920, not a 1020. They might be less strict with the 920 since it's a year old model.
    12-30-2013 07:03 AM
    They said I would need to provide Proof of Purchase, and also the IMEI if it wasn't on the PoP. In my reply I said that I don't have a receipt because I bought it private, but here's the IMEI. The next email I received from AT&T was the unlock code. But again, I have a 920, not a 1020. They might be less strict with the 920 since it's a year old model.
    i try to call the customer service and the said i can only unlock the phone by submiting through att.com/deviceunlock... is there any way to unlock it?
    12-30-2013 08:19 AM

Just for the record, you are from here the states and talked to AT&T, correct? If so, maybe you were just lucky indeed. I just spent 35 minutes talking with yet another representative and explained the whole issue and she insisted that in order to get the unlock code I'd need the owner's last four digits of the SSN; therefore the owner has to contact AT&T directly. How much did you pay by the way?

Did you do all this via email or you first called and then you got the email?
    12-30-2013 10:52 AM
    Did you do all this via email or you first called and then you got the email?
    All via email. I never talked to anybody, except the first thing I tried was calling the international customer service. The rep told me they couldn't do anything. So everything was done by email.
    12-30-2013 11:07 AM
    So I bought a 1020 on ebay hoping that I would be able to unlock it using my wife's ATT account or at the very least, pay one of the unlocker sites for a code.
    Last spring, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to work with ATT to unlock my old phone so that I could use it on TMo and was hoping that they would do the same for this 1020 that was not in a contract. No Dice. Plugged in my wife's SIM, the phone works great, awesome. Filled out the online unlock request form, we all know how that turned out. The responses from phone calls to AT&T are disappointing to say the least. Called 4 times so far and the ONLY consistent information that they have is that one must use the online unlock request form. Other than that, I have been told: "Call Nokia, here is their number . . ." "The phone must be on contract for 2 years before it can be unlocked." and "There is no way to unlock any device other than to use the self-service form".
    I know that I can give it to my Misses if I can't get it fixed, but I'm afraid it is going to cause a rift since she always seems to has a nicer phone than me!
    Please let there be a way!!!!
    12-30-2013 12:28 PM
    "The phone must be on contract for 2 years before it can be unlocked." and "There is no way to unlock any device other than to use the self-service form".
    Full of B.S.
    Can't believe they'd say that to you.
    12-30-2013 12:51 PM

Did you brought it online or a official store?
    12-30-2013 01:00 PM
    I sent everyone who sent me PM my email.
    jokoluhur and Mitch Brown1 like this.
    12-30-2013 01:52 PM
    So I bought a 1020 on ebay hoping that I would be able to unlock it using my wife's ATT account or at the very least, pay one of the unlocker sites for a code.
    Last spring, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to work with ATT to unlock my old phone so that I could use it on TMo and was hoping that they would do the same for this 1020 that was not in a contract. No Dice. Plugged in my wife's SIM, the phone works great, awesome. Filled out the online unlock request form, we all know how that turned out. The responses from phone calls to AT&T are disappointing to say the least. Called 4 times so far and the ONLY consistent information that they have is that one must use the online unlock request form. Other than that, I have been told: "Call Nokia, here is their number . . ." "The phone must be on contract for 2 years before it can be unlocked." and "There is no way to unlock any device other than to use the self-service form".
    I know that I can give it to my Misses if I can't get it fixed, but I'm afraid it is going to cause a rift since she always seems to has a nicer phone than me!
    Please let there be a way!!!!
    Mitch, I also bought my 1020 on eBay and had no success unlocking it even with izik's instructions. Let us know if you do succeed.
    12-30-2013 06:44 PM
    Mitch, I also bought my 1020 on eBay and had no success unlocking it even with izik's instructions. Let us know if you do succeed.
    Let me explain something:
    When you buy a device on ebay they have no right going back to original owner, unless this device is still on contract.
    When you buy an att phone on ebay, be sure the owner didn't pay full price for that. and that's why they have a problem unlocking your device.
    When you provide them prof of purchase or if your device WAS fully paid then they will unlock your phone.
    In your case the original owner can be very helpful.
    12-30-2013 08:00 PM
    waiting for respond form at&t :(
    12-31-2013 01:30 AM
    Update: I'm still waiting for someone to contact me from AT&T - izik's method

So after having called them about 8 times now, I decided to do something different today. First I had been calling to the Spanish-speaking AT&T customer service since I'm a native speaker and I feel more comfortable speaking it with any customer service but boy, they won't go off protocol; and I thought us Latinos were more accessible. Anywho, I contacted the English-speaking customer service and started my call this way:

"Hello I'm so-and-so, I recently bought a Nokia Lumia 1020 at full price online, I'm not a customer and I'd like to request the unlock code please", by saying all this you're saving a ton of time with the representative. The lady who picked up my call was great and asked for my IMEI right away! She did say though they weren't able to provide the unlock code either thru phone or online (att.com/deviceunlock is only for customers) but created a case number for me (I've gotten three so far, third time's the charm right) and they'll return a call in a few days.

Hopefully I get to somewhere this time.
    12-31-2013 10:35 AM
263 ... 45678 ...