Did I make a mistake purchasing a locked at&t device? - Where can I get the unlock code

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I got a 1020 from Ebay, locked to AT&T.

Checked with chat rep, its clean, ready to be unlocked.

I stay outside states and have no at&t account or sim with me.

Tried multiple unlocking companies, all are busted when I talk of 1020 on at&t.

What do I do now?

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
unlock that device right now is as hard as unlocking an iphone 5s, people which have unlocking slots will sell for iphones, not for lumias :(

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I bought mine locked and figured I can unlock easily with an unlocking service over the web but apparently they no longer do so. Should've bought a Rogers one...

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
From what I gather, you should be able to call AT&T and request the unlock code directly. If you haven't tried this, there's no harm in it. Did you have an account? No, but I purchased it from a re-seller and I am moving out of the states, can I have the unlock code? As long as the phone hasn't been reported as stolen or destroyed, it should be no issue.

Otherwise, I'd suggest reselling it on Ebay with the same info you've discovered (Services like StraightTalk can still be used on the AT&T locked phones). So it shouldn't be too bad if you price it aggressively. If you do, shoot me a link ;).

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I bought mine locked and figured I can unlock easily with an unlocking service over the web but apparently they no longer do so. Should've bought a Rogers one...

Damn, 2 months ago, I bought an AT&T L1020 unlock code on ebay for a mere $3. Now they cannot even do it anymore. I wonder what happened...

Edit: binged it and found several but damn, they are expensive now.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...70?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item4acc508d7e

http://www.attphoneunlockingshop.us/products/USA-AT&T-Nokia-Lumia-1020-IMEI-Unlock-Code.html

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Damn, 2 months ago, I bought an AT&T L1020 unlock code on ebay for a mere $3. Now they cannot even do it anymore. I wonder what happened...

Edit: binged it and found several but damn, they are expensive now.

Nokia Lumia 800 820 920 1020 at T ATT USA Factory Unlock Code Service 100 Work | eBay

USA AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 Unlock Code - Unlock Nokia Lumia 1020 from AT&T USA

$60 is still not bad for what I will save if I can switch back to Tmo at $30/m vs $45/m. I'd get back the savings within a few months. I might actually try it cuz the only other vendor I've found so far was asking for $159 USD!!

*edit

I was just about to place an order and saw the notice: Please do not Submit Order for AT&T Lumia & ZTE Models
Guess I'll email them first... :p Oh and on the drop down list, every single AT&T Lumia model says (Not work).... so guess not...

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
i wonder why they stopped unlocking the phones. Guess I'll have to sell mine as well :(

My guess is that certain carriers put pressure on the right people to stop the unlocking.

In ATTs case I guess they did not like people getting the 1020 (their flagship phone) and using it on T-Mobile.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I will see that Ebay listing the guy posted there, the prices are kind of costlier now, its okay as long as they get the job done.

lstrike

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I received an unlock code from ATT yesterday. I had to call and ask for a supervisor. They opened a case after I argued with them for a bit. I actually cancelled my service last week and even with the line cancelled they did send me the code. The phone is working on TMobile perfectly. So make sure to call and get a supervisor. Their website when inputting the IMEI for a 1020 pretty much says the phone can't be unlocked but that's fictions. Said the same about the HTC One. The only phone it accepted through the online system was an iPhone 5 I have. The supervisor also set up a case for the HTC and it also received an unlock code.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I received an unlock code from ATT yesterday. I had to call and ask for a supervisor. They opened a case after I argued with them for a bit. I actually cancelled my service last week and even with the line cancelled they did send me the code. The phone is working on TMobile perfectly. So make sure to call and get a supervisor. Their website when inputting the IMEI for a 1020 pretty much says the phone can't be unlocked but that's fictions. Said the same about the HTC One. The only phone it accepted through the online system was an iPhone 5 I have. The supervisor also set up a case for the HTC and it also received an unlock code.

Did you pay full price for the phone? or did you cancel and paid an etf?

thuan hoang

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Fantastic!. Hope someone to help me by this way. I appreciate to pay for that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99