Did I make a mistake purchasing a locked at&t device? - Where can I get the unlock code

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
By the way, the eBay guy is now asking $130 EUR.

I always wonder how some of these people and websites get their hands on access to the unlock code databases.

By the huge rise in prices it seems most of them have somehow been shut out and only few remain with access.

Dezires

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Im wondering if it will ever go back to how it was before ATT shut down their services. Been trying hard to get ATT to unlock for me.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Still nothing, I got an email from cellunlock saying that their new service (for $70) has 5-7 day period but they cannot promise it either. I device said he hasn't heard back on my order.

If I could make a wish, I hope at&t gets back for this mess.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing, I got an email from cellunlock saying that their new service (for $70) has 5-7 day period but they cannot promise it either. I device said he hasn't heard back on my order.

If I could make a wish, I hope at&t gets back for this mess.

Same here. Still waiting from ideviceguys.
I was just thinking... Since they say it's supposed to take 3-7 days, isn't it possible that they are actually requesting a code from AT&T? Cause AT&T says it's 48 hours - 5 days.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking... Since they say it's supposed to take 3-7 days, isn't it possible that they are actually requesting a code from AT&T? Cause AT&T says it's 48 hours - 5 days.

Maybe they know someone working for AT&T who wants some extra cash.

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
First one says up to 30 days and order cannot be cancelled. Second one doesn't even let you select AT&T as the carrier.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Guys you can try either of these two sites, I know pals that bought online living in the Caribbean ,tried and worked.

Unlock Nokia Lumia 1020 from AT&T Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net

Unlocking your Nokia Lumia 1020 (EOS, 909, RM-875, RM-877, RM-876) -How to Unlock your Nokia Lumia 1020 by Unlock Code + FREE Instructions Guide

preferably the 2nd site since it's cheaper

Hope I've helped.

Cellunlock,
Had ordered my code for $25 (when it was cheap), they could not deliver and raised the prices.
They send an email saying that "Prices are raised due to screw up from at&t server, those who want to cancel order and get a refund notify us"

I asked them whats with the $70 price tag, they say that its a priority service and my order ($25) is processed under regular queue, I decided that I do not want to wait and will try my luck elsewhere so I sent an email asking them to cancel my order.
I sent 4 other emails with a gap of 1 day, so if I sent the first mail on Monday morning to cancel my order, I sent another one on Wednesday and so on.

I got no response for any of my mails, so I decided to wait for a bit and received a mass email stating that the $70 service is also not guaranteed, after 2 days I filed a paypal dispute (It was almost 6 days from the 1st email till the paypal dispute).

Having gone through that, I do not want to visit that site anymore, I understand they cannot offer unlock codes, but the service quality was pathetic, they did not bother cancelling my order unless I filed a dispute.

My dispute is still open and I am not sure when it'll be settled.

For those who may say I am making some stories, here are my proofs. (I do not have screenshot of mail 2 and 3 on my mail, since I sent them on my phone early morning before leaving for work)

Cancel Request 1, Cancel Request 4, Mail from them that order is cancelled and PP dispute.
ibrXdxtKlt0AyS.jpg

irAqiT57Lto6B.jpg

imSuZ5koGd5se.jpg

ioI5gMvjjOIEb.jpg

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I sent a mail to Ideviceguys, I believe today morning, hopefully they say something tonight.
I haven't got s*it from them yet.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

The biggest flaw here is, that I am not an AT&T customer or resident of states, so my only way to unlock is a 3rd party vendor or some kind soul who can help me.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The biggest flaw here is, that I am not an AT&T customer or resident of states, so my only way to unlock is a 3rd party vendor or some kind soul who can help me.

There's an unlocking company in Malta that has been around for a long time that people have always had good luck with. I can't remember their name, but if you did some searching you may find them.

Addendum: I did some searching and I think I found them: I think it was these guys. It says they have been around since March 2003 UnlockItNow.com - The key to unlock your cell phone!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Pulptech
unlocking4you

There are tons, if you could point me to the correct one?
Btw the 2 I posted seem to be busted,

and speaking of malta, I used to have "Maltova" as a kid,

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
There's an unlocking company in Malta that has been around for a long time that people have always had good luck with. I can't remember their name, but if you did some searching you may find them.

Addendum: I did some searching and I think I found them: I think it was these guys. It says they have been around since March 2003 UnlockItNow.com - The key to unlock your cell phone!

No AT&T in their list

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Cellunlock,
Had ordered my code for $25 (when it was cheap), they could not deliver and raised the prices.
They send an email saying that "Prices are raised due to screw up from at&t server, those who want to cancel order and get a refund notify us"

I asked them whats with the $70 price tag, they say that its a priority service and my order ($25) is processed under regular queue, I decided that I do not want to wait and will try my luck elsewhere so I sent an email asking them to cancel my order.
I sent 4 other emails with a gap of 1 day, so if I sent the first mail on Monday morning to cancel my order, I sent another one on Wednesday and so on.

I got no response for any of my mails, so I decided to wait for a bit and received a mass email stating that the $70 service is also not guaranteed, after 2 days I filed a paypal dispute (It was almost 6 days from the 1st email till the paypal dispute).

Having gone through that, I do not want to visit that site anymore, I understand they cannot offer unlock codes, but the service quality was pathetic, they did not bother cancelling my order unless I filed a dispute.

My dispute is still open and I am not sure when it'll be settled.

For those who may say I am making some stories, here are my proofs. (I do not have screenshot of mail 2 and 3 on my mail, since I sent them on my phone early morning before leaving for work)

Cancel Request 1, Cancel Request 4, Mail from them that order is cancelled and PP dispute.
http://i.minus.com/ibrXdxtKlt0AyS.jpg

http://i.minus.com/irAqiT57Lto6B.jpg

http://i.minus.com/imSuZ5koGd5se.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ioI5gMvjjOIEb.jpg

Same thing happened to me with cellunlocker.net They stopped replying to my emails and I had to open a dispute. They even tried to pass the IMEI as the unlock code to PayPal, but finally gave up and issued the refund. Horrible customer service.
Still waiting from ideviceguys... At least they reply every single mail within minutes or seconds.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me with cellunlocker.net They stopped replying to my emails and I had to open a dispute. They even tried to pass the IMEI as the unlock code to PayPal, but finally gave up and issued the refund. Horrible customer service.
Still waiting from ideviceguys... At least they reply every single mail within minutes or seconds.

I mailed him thrice (idevice), only received 1 reply saying that it has only been 5 days since I ordered and service says 7 days, its almost 10 days now and am a bit worried. I already sent 2 emails on day 7 and day 9, but havent heard back yet. I understand the bloke doesnt control how at&t issues unlocks but he surely controls customer service, I do know he may have a flood of emails but come on man, you don't ignore a mail for 3 good business days. I also saw on another forum (where idevice is a moderator) that extracting the refund is as good as finding hen with teeth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99