Did I make a mistake purchasing a locked at&t device? - Where can I get the unlock code

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Exactly why I purchase only with AMEX cards. Extremely ez to dispute and if they don't accept AMEX, I don't bother with them. :)

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 1020, but not even going to open the box, before i get an unlock code.
I travel with the phone and not to have it working everywhere i go with a local sim, isn't an option.
God how much i hate AT&T. pure hate!
This Company will never be my choice. NEVER!
i just canceled a contract with them of a nice big business.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Exactly why I purchase only with AMEX cards. Extremely ez to dispute and if they don't accept AMEX, I don't bother with them. :)

You can submit a form with any credit card company, they can raise a dispute.
Its not limited to AMEX.

Still nothing on the code.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Rats & roaches, I got a mail saying my device returned failed :(.
Anyone having at&t wants to help me? I'll pay you thru paypal :(

jenia90

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Rats & roaches, I got a mail saying my device returned failed :(.
Anyone having at&t wants to help me? I'll pay you thru paypal :(

i tried that through a friend living in the US, she is a former at&t customer, they said it had to be used for at least 2 months on their network in order to be unlocked... so i dont that'll help.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
i tried that through a friend living in the US, she is a former at&t customer, they said it had to be used for at least 2 months on their network in order to be unlocked... so i dont that'll help.

Yeah, I was thinking of doing something similar, going with their prepaid service for a month but for the prepaid, the requirement was 6 months of service before unlock.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

Last time I tried to unlock an AT&T phone I got the 2 months crap also but that was via chat. I called right after I closed the chat window and they unlocked it without issue. I was prepped for a fight and ready to ask for a supervisor when the nice lady said no problem and got me my code. That was a Lumia 520. They also unlocked my 900 and my 920 without any issues but they were on the network for several months before I requested the unlock.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
A mail from ideviceguys? Did they at least refund you?
I will wait until monday before I do something about it.
Will any unlock code work? I have an unlock code from AT&T for my old 920.
Nope, each device has its unique unlock code, unique to its IMEI, unless two phones run on the same IMEI which is illegal in most of the countries :p.

Looking at all the fuss, here is my deal - http://forums.windowscentral.com/ma...3787-$30-if-you-t-request-unlock-code-me.html

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
what did they tell you?

They told me that I need to apply a special moisturizer cream, drink tea so my throat is clear and voice is sweet, and also wear neatly ironed clothes before I call them so they can tell me that "We do not do unlocks over the phone now, you need to submit the online unlock request form, if you are a non AT&T customer ask the person who gave you the phone or gifted you the phone to submit the form for you"

To keep it simple, no matter what cream you apply, what tea you drink or what suit you wear, if you are not an AT&T customer, they won't give you the candy, ever.

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
This is the only copmany in u.s who give everyone hard time with unlocking = AT&T sucks.
Look for someone who has an account with those suckers, and you gotta know few things:
they will always tell you. the phone must be active with att line for at least 3 month before any unlock request.
the one who's calling them must bring the conversation to the point they open a Special Case for you.
if not - ask for Supervisor.
once you have an opened case you half way from getting your freedon code.
This is the only way for now to deal with this suck company.
Wish you luck!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Spent some time talking to AT&T's customer retention people. Well, #customerretentionfail. After telling them that I'd pay the ETF and leave, they did seem to take some time to look at options, and then they said 'you just signed a new contract two months ago, sorry, we can't.'

So now I ordered a straight sim talk and I'll transfer my number and pay the ETF. For one thing, out of spite. And second, It'll save me $30/mo, so I'll make back the ETF in a year. And third, they said that once the ETF was paid they'd unlock the phone. If that does work I'll post back.

Probably too late for my holiday travel, but at least I'll get the satisfaction that they'll lose about $1500 by being so inflexible. Well, minus the money that Straight Talk pays them..

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
This is the only copmany in u.s who give everyone hard time with unlocking = AT&T sucks.
Look for someone who has an account with those suckers, and you gotta know few things:
they will always tell you. the phone must be active with att line for at least 3 month before any unlock request.
the one who's calling them must bring the conversation to the point they open a Special Case for you.
if not - ask for Supervisor.
once you have an opened case you half way from getting your freedon code.
This is the only way for now to deal with this suck company.
Wish you luck!

My luck is running like loose motions, am losing it fast and the prices are soaring as if World War 3 has struck AT&T servers, they are limited with ration and have endless people to feed.

Spent some time talking to AT&T's customer retention people. Well, #customerretentionfail. After telling them that I'd pay the ETF and leave, they did seem to take some time to look at options, and then they said 'you just signed a new contract two months ago, sorry, we can't.'

So now I ordered a straight sim talk and I'll transfer my number and pay the ETF. For one thing, out of spite. And second, It'll save me $30/mo, so I'll make back the ETF in a year. And third, they said that once the ETF was paid they'd unlock the phone. If that does work I'll post back.

Probably too late for my holiday travel, but at least I'll get the satisfaction that they'll lose about $1500 by being so inflexible. Well, minus the money that Straight Talk pays them..

Every single statement went over my head because I don't know how AT&T's plans work, all I do know is that they are the best thugs you can see in white clothes, not because of the unlocking chaos, but they've always been the worst providers. Never heard bad words about CDMA players :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos