Did I make a mistake purchasing a locked at&t device? - Where can I get the unlock code

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
When AT&T allows it. The new unlocking agreement between the feds and carriers doesn't need to be adhered anytime soon. They have a whole 12 months to comply and even then they will probably use all types of excuses. Only time will tell how it'll end up. Those of us who bought the AT&T version of the phone, which includes me, thinking that we could unlock will just have to suck it up until they begin unlocking again. Sucks but it is what it is.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
When AT&T allows it. The new unlocking agreement between the feds and carriers doesn't need to be adhered anytime soon. They have a whole 12 months to comply and even then they will probably use all types of excuses. Only time will tell how it'll end up. Those of us who bought the AT&T version of the phone, which includes me, thinking that we could unlock will just have to suck it up until they begin unlocking again. Sucks but it is what it is.

Oh come on man, I don't want my grandchildren to use this monster.

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
im calling from sri lanka to at&t international care service,,once i got up the line they asks me at&t number which don't have,,bought from ebay ,,seller said,,he got as this as gift,,never use a sim

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
im calling from sri lanka to at&t international care service,,once i got up the line they asks me at&t number which don't have,,bought from ebay ,,seller said,,he got as this as gift,,never use a sim

If no sim was ever inserted in the phone, even god cannot unlock it because AT&T does not have the IMEI in its database yet.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Make a mistake purchasing a locked at&t device :p

Man, it is the biggest mistake of my life, I feel like throwing rocks at AT&T now...hopefully ideviceguys sent me an email saying he has a new supplier and wanted to use my imei as a tester, I okayed and he demanded 1-7 days to come with the output, it better be an unlock code because I am fed up.

I even planned to offload the 1020 locally and get a 64GB unlocked variant from Ebay UK.

I vow never ever to buy a locked device (unless android, which I wont buy for personal use) again.

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
If no sim was ever inserted in the phone, even god cannot unlock it because AT&T does not have the IMEI in its database yet.

I'm pretty sure if its a branded phone of ANY kind, the carrier will have the IMEI in their database. It is branded for a reason. You can check by inputting the IMEI into the AT&T's unlock it and it'll tell you. I just entered my Verizon iPhone 4s and it automatically pulled it up as an iPhone so it seems they even have other carriers IMEI numbers. Not sure if they all share some common db based on the OEM. If you enter in any Lumia 1020 and it'll state device cannot be currently be unlocked.

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Man, it is the biggest mistake of my life, I feel like throwing rocks at AT&T now...hopefully ideviceguys sent me an email saying he has a new supplier and wanted to use my imei as a tester, I okayed and he demanded 1-7 days to come with the output, it better be an unlock code because I am fed up.

I even planned to offload the 1020 locally and get a 64GB unlocked variant from Ebay UK.

I vow never ever to buy a locked device (unless android, which I wont buy for personal use) again.

let us know if it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos