Did I make a mistake purchasing a locked at&t device? - Where can I get the unlock code

Victor Tribal

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Just buy an international version from Amazon or Ebay,make sure it,s designated RM875,which is intl version,AT+T version is RM877.Even unlocked the AT+T model still has it,s software which could disable some features.2 i heard of are wireless charging and dificulties transfering music or making ringtone out of your songs

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Just buy an international version from Amazon or Ebay,make sure it,s designated RM875,which is intl version,AT+T version is RM877.Even unlocked the AT+T model still has it,s software which could disable some features.2 i heard of are wireless charging and dificulties transfering music or making ringtone out of your songs

if we all knew it'd be so hard to unlock we'd obviously would've bought other versions. To our defense, it was only fairly recent that AT&T clamped down on unlocking some phones like the 1020. People had no issues unlocking a few months prior whether through the carrier or 3rd party.

Victor Tribal

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
if we all knew it'd be so hard to unlock we'd obviously would've bought other versions. To our defense, it was only fairly recent that AT&T clamped down on unlocking some phones like the 1020. People had no issues unlocking a few months prior whether through the carrier or 3rd party.

That,s because AT+T is plain greedy.This is not just recently either, i had problem with them not wanted to give unlock codes going back about 8 years when i was using them,now i,m on T-Mobile.They used to say and it sounds like they still do-lying that only Nokia has the codes and if i call Nokia they say AT+T has the codes which i presume is the correct answer.If i can remember back then only the higher end ones can,t be unlocked by 3rd party,now it seems like they stopped all the codes.But T-Mobile is not like that,even though it doesn,t apply to me since i have a factory unlocked Lumia 1020 they said they will unlocked a phone bought fron them no problem and free of charge,only stipulation is phone is in use for 45 days-no runarounds,hassles.Perhaps it,s great the US govt stopped the attempted merger by AT+T with T-Mobile-that would be a disaster!

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I was finally able to unlock my ATT branded 1020 but not until the ETF fees were paid. Unfortunately, once I was on TMo, the phone would not/could not send picture texts and the coverage in my area for TMo was horrendous. I could lose signal or go from 4 bars to 1/2 bar while sitting in the same chair in a matter of seconds.

I may not like ATT's pricing but, unfortunately, you get what you pay for. And with TMo, my bill was low but so was my coverage area. Be sure to test the snot out of your coverage when you switch...full disclosure: I switched to TMo two months ago and just switched back to ATT due to lack of signal - their customer service was always helpful and courteous (they even sent me a cell booster for my home (didn't help)) but in the end, it's all about the bars...

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Thankfully for me, Tmo works fine wherever I am though their data speeds vary greatly. Tmo was great on my Nexus 4. Would've gotten a Nexus 5 but wanted to try windows phone. Next time I may just buy a Verizon LTE phone since they are being released unlocked.

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Found another site, chronicunlock.com. They increased their price substantially though... It is now $99.99 to unlock any AT&T phones. I may be willing but I'm not going to do so unless someone tries it first with success... Hahaha I will not be the guinea pig.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
USA AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 Unlock Code - Unlock Nokia Lumia 1020 from AT&T USA

what about these guys,,they said they really can do it,,can i trust?

I will post my device with Idevice guys next week when the owner should come up with something.
The attunlock site was not accepting AT&T Lumia orders until now, I see their price as $99, never tested them.

@Ukyo, its $99 for AT&T Iphones only, for Lumia its $75~, however they do not mention whether its for AT&T or Fido or anything specific, I'd be wary.

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
The site was mentioned on a blog that wrote about AT&T clamping down on unlocking and seems legit. I'm going to sell my 1020 soon if there there's no way to unlock in the near future.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The site was mentioned on a blog that wrote about AT&T clamping down on unlocking and seems legit. I'm going to sell my 1020 soon if there there's no way to unlock in the near future.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I'll probably hold on for a bit, unlocks should be on the way already.

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I can't belive that i am saying it, but:
I have successfully unlocked my awesome lumia 1020. Thank you God!
montsa007 please contact me in private I'll do my best to help!

but right now after i've seen the 1520 i may trade mine with someone who has 1520.

i still hate at&t

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

but right now after i've seen the 1520 i may trade mine with someone who has 1520.

i still hate at&t

You don't feel like sharing with the rest of us? ;)

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

i still hate at&t

That's awesome. I sent you a PM :)

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site

i still hate at&t

how did u do it,,pls tell me?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I think ideviceguys won't get the code either. They haven't replied to any of my emails in the last week.
I am hoping to get a reply by coming wednesday morning my time, a final reply.

i still hate at&t
I hate AT&T too, I've sent you a lovely PM sealed with a kiss.
You don't feel like sharing with the rest of us? ;)
NO!, you said that you love AT&T in past posts LOL!!!
That's awesome. I sent you a PM :)
Hmm, you didn't seal the PM with a kiss, did you?
how did u do it,,pls tell me?
You were supposed to send him a PM sealed with a kiss, since I did it, I get the attention and the possible solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12