Did I make a mistake purchasing a locked at&t device? - Where can I get the unlock code

Victor Tribal

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping to get a reply by coming wednesday morning my time, a final reply.

I hate AT&T too, I've sent you a lovely PM sealed with a kiss.

NO!, you said that you love AT&T in past posts LOL!!!

Hmm, you didn't seal the PM with a kiss, did you?

You were supposed to send him a PM sealed with a kiss, since I did it, I get the attention and the possible solution.

+1 on AT+T!That,s why i dropped them and went to T-Mobile.They,re awesome for $10 more i get unlimited international talk and text while AT+T wants $2.39/min in Costa Rica,.39/min in Canada!Also would like to share some AT+T unlocking info-AT+T according to a rep i talked to at Nokia is giving misinformation to customers telling them only Nokia has the codes when it,s them that locks the phones,plus he said in addition to what the person at electronics store i bought my intl version from saying an unlocked AT+T version still has wireless charging disabled and problem transfering music and ringtones,the Nokia rep also said the ones that were unlocked,some had the wifi disabled-all the more reason to buy international version!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
+1 on AT+T!That,s why i dropped them and went to T-Mobile.They,re awesome for $10 more i get unlimited international talk and text while AT+T wants $2.39/min in Costa Rica,.39/min in Canada!Also would like to share some AT+T unlocking info-AT+T according to a rep i talked to at Nokia is giving misinformation to customers telling them only Nokia has the codes when it,s them that locks the phones,plus he said in addition to what the person at electronics store i bought my intl version from saying an unlocked AT+T version still has wireless charging disabled and problem transfering music and ringtones,the Nokia rep also said the ones that were unlocked,some had the wifi disabled-all the more reason to buy international version!

Lets clear some fog,
Nokia, or any phone manufacturer does not have the unlock codes, the codes are with the operator who sells the device on a contract for a simple reason, they wish to earn (huge) revenue by retaining (forcing) the customer on their network.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So now I ordered a straight sim talk and I'll transfer my number and pay the ETF. For one thing, out of spite. And second, It'll save me $30/mo, so I'll make back the ETF in a year. And third, they said that once the ETF was paid they'd unlock the phone. If that does work I'll post back.

So just fyi, this process takes forever, especially if you time it 'just right' like I did, canceling service like five days into the billing cycle. I sent an email asking them to get started with the unlock before the ETF was paid. Unsurprisingly, no luck, I can give this a shot the earliest on January 19, weeks after I get back from Europe. Thanks AT&T!

Quote from their rep: "We can give unlock this device once the final bill with the early termination fee is paid. Unfortunately the final bill will not be even created until the current bill cycle closes. This means the bill will be available about 1/19/14, about 7 days after the 1/12 cycle close date. Just because you cancelled in mid cycle on 12/16, we do not immediately create a final bill. It is only done at the end of each bill cycle. I apologize for any inconvenience. Once you have paid the final bill, with the early termination fee, you should submit the online unlock request. Any request we would file now would be declined and only the unlock team has access to unlocking devices, even managers. You no longer have access to your online account as the number was moved off the AT&T system. The best way to reach us is 800-331-0500. Thank you for using AT&T. We appreciate your business and continued loyalty."

Yeah right.. :eek:rly:

Gotta love that they cut off all access to online account info the very second that your number is transferred to Straight Talk. Want to chat with support? You can't because they killed your account. Want to download that last bill? Too bad. Even better, if you call AT&T customer support using Straight Talk, the system says 'please call back using 611, thanks for calling, goodbye!'. And of course 611 doesn't work since you're now on Straight Talk. It's all like a big FU to the customer, which I've been hearing is good for the stock price!

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, sorry for the late response, i just had 1 of the most crazy weeks at work.
i dont think sharing in public will do good to it.
i will respond to everyone in private, and feel free to share that with others.

Update: i sent everyone a private message.
You can reach me any time for any questions at my Email:

update: Those who did not got my private message, please email me. This site does not let me send to many
private messages.

Last edited by a moderator:

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Guys please email me directly. This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between sending private messages.
and i can't really wait that long.

see you there

Last edited by a moderator:

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I think anyone that purchases a device locked to another carrier has made a mistake. I do feel bad for them. However it's a chance you take. My advice is to sell it and move on. Life is full of learning experiences. Those of us on ATT are happy to purchase these locked devices at a lower price.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, sorry for the late response, i just had 1 of the most crazy weeks at work.
i dont think sharing in public will do good to it.
i will respond to everyone in private, and feel free to share that with others.

Update: i sent everyone a private message.
You can reach me any time for any questions at my Email:

update: Those who did not got my private message, please email me. This site does not let me send to many
private messages.

Hey there. I sent you a PM a few days ago. Can you please let me know how you did it? Sending you another PM as we speak.

Victor Tribal

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Lets clear some fog,
Nokia, or any phone manufacturer does not have the unlock codes, the codes are with the operator who sells the device on a contract for a simple reason, they wish to earn (huge) revenue by retaining (forcing) the customer on their network.

And AT+T lies to customers telling them they don,t have the codes and Nokia does,this has been verified by a few posters here,also years ago,i was lied to by them same way,but then 3rd parties can unlocked the phone,also 3rd parties now have stated they have problem only unlocking certain AT+T phones,not T-Mobile or others.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Idevice said they got empty cans for me, I hope pulling refund will be easy, or not...have ordered with another supplier.

They stopped replying to my emails for almost 2 weeks. I had to open a PayPal dispute, which is now in review. Let us know if you have any luck with the new supplier.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just putting a shout out to izik770. I followed his advice, and it worked! I have an AT&T Lumia 920 that I bought private from a Craigslist ad. I was not able to get anywhere contacting AT&T directly. Thanks to izik770's directions, I received an unlock code from AT&T this evening and successfully unlocked my phone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss