Did I make a mistake purchasing a locked at&t device? - Where can I get the unlock code

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
yaaaaaaaaah,,,im so happpy...thanks izik,,i just got unlock code for lumia 1020 at&t..worked fine,,,

be patience with izik method,,u will get successs,,

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
ok guys i think this very interesting this is the message i got along with my code,,from at&t,,

Mr. Vimukthi-Sampath,

AT&T was unable to produce the unlock code for your device, however we have succeeded in getting it from Nokia.
The code is

learntopop

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Still haven't heard back. Emailed the contact for my case number again yesterday, still no response. I'll probably have to start from the beginning again...

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
here is my journey so far,,

im living sri lanka,bought a lumia 1020 att from ebay,,cost me 455 $ ,,luckey enough seller only has opend the phone for some pics,,sent with full box and set ,,
tried to get help from seller get it unlock but he said couldn't do it,,fair enough he never mention that he will help or its unlocked,,so i stop bothering him at once,,

search everywhere for unlock even tried paid some sites but all of them can't do it,,

here i saw izik method ,thought nothing to loose ,,give a try,,

for the att i said whole my story,,that i bought for ebay and all,,

i was getting worried that they will not provide me unlock code,,

then i was shocked rep said (att president office)that he can't find a unlock as my phone got no any record in their system,,
infact the case is seller never even use att sim to my phone,,
but then again i called rep directly (president office ),,
i just only said pls help me to unlock this phone (more politely) lucky for me at that he was looking to my mails that sent,,
didn;t even tell my case number,,
he kind a promised he will get back from a mail,,

few hours later i got this,,

Hello,

Thank you for responding to me.

I am sorry I did not yet have anything to tell you when you called me, I had just looked at your email a couple of minutes previously. We are working on getting an unlock code at this time. The system we use is not providing me with an unlock code. I am going to try to get it from the manufacturer. I am sorry for the delay.

Gary

worried,,but was hoping for the best,,

next day the most happiest thing happend

Mr. Vimukthi-Sampath,

AT&T was unable to produce the unlock code for your device, however we have succeeded in getting it from Nokia.
The code is

feeling so relax now,,

good luck ppl..don't loose hope,,

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Guys please: feel free to tell everyone the way, but please DO NOT DO IT IN PUBLIC ! ! !
Belive me, you don't want them to block the only open channel we have left.
I didn't post here, ON PURPOSE.

Dezires

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
so i checked att.com/unlock today and it looks like my Nokia 1020 imei works now...(used to be "This device is currently unloackable..") anyone else notice this?

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I found out last week and already had a friend submit a request. It's currently pending so hopefully it'll get unlocked.

Victor Tribal

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
That,s because AT+T is plain greedy.This is not just recently either, i had problem with them not wanted to give unlock codes going back about 8 years when i was using them,now i,m on T-Mobile.They used to say and it sounds like they still do-lying that only Nokia has the codes and if i call Nokia they say AT+T has the codes which i presume is the correct answer.If i can remember back then only the higher end ones can,t be unlocked by 3rd party,now it seems like they stopped all the codes.But T-Mobile is not like that,even though it doesn,t apply to me since i have a factory unlocked Lumia 1020 they said they will unlocked a phone bought fron them no problem and free of charge,only stipulation is phone is in use for 45 days-no runarounds,hassles.Perhaps it,s great the US govt stopped the attempted merger by AT+T with T-Mobile-that would be a disaster!

I had the same problem when i switched to T-Mobile,picture sending but not with reception or texts and that was my previous phone-Nokia N8.I went to T-Mobile a few times and they tried but could not correct it.After i got my 1020 i just put in the new Microsim and everything was fine,pictures,etc without doing anything.I,m going to use my N8 in Columbia in a few weeks so i,ll know then if that problem still exists,love to use my 1020 but my Columbia sim is not a microsim

Victor Tribal

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought the phone on eBay for 780$ with the camera grip. I don't live in the US. When they asked the proof of purchase I just gave the a screenshot of my PayPal invoice indicating how much I paid and to whom. The rep told me that usually they don't approve unlocks to people who buy the phone from 3rd party resellers like eBay, Craigslist, etc.
So maybe I did get lucky ,but anyway this method works perfectly (not just for me).

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 Tapatalk

You paid way higher than the going rate for an unlocked version would go for on ebay,there were many when i looked at the time-2 months ago which was lower priced-factory unlocked.Make sure you get factory unlocked version in futureAT+T unlocked can still have issues with other functions outside of talk.,I just wanted to see device before i buy so i bought mine out of the country when on vacation

jenia90

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
You paid way higher than the going rate for an unlocked version would go for on ebay,there were many when i looked at the time-2 months ago which was lower priced-factory unlocked.Make sure you get factory unlocked version in futureAT+T unlocked can still have issues with other functions outside of talk.,I just wanted to see device before i buy so i bought mine out of the country when on vacation

yeah I bought mine in mid August, so the prices were in that area.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 Tapatalk

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
man i thought getting unlock is the hardest part for me to untill i use my phone ,,now its unlocked,,
can't get rid off the att version,,i mean can't flash to any other rom,,

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Guys please: feel free to tell everyone the way, but please DO NOT DO IT IN PUBLIC ! ! !
Belive me, you don't want them to block the only open channel we have left.
I didn't post here, ON PURPOSE.

I feel like breaking the great wall of china, I got nothing with your method, and I was the OP :'(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos