Did I make a mistake purchasing a locked at&t device? - Where can I get the unlock code

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
u phone never used with at&t sim?
Well in my case I bought a locked Lumia 1520 from eBay brand new. Never used with an AT&T Sim... I use H20 wireless and already tried contacting AT&T to unlock it but they can't. Only way is to go to an unlocking website service which I don't trust.... Which you would recommend and cheap?

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Well in my case I bought a locked Lumia 1520 from eBay brand new. Never used with an AT&T Sim... I use H20 wireless and already tried contacting AT&T to unlock it but they can't. Only way is to go to an unlocking website service which I don't trust.... Which you would recommend and cheap?

did u already tried sending a mail to president office?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

There's one unlocking service in Malta that has been around many years and are reliable.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Preparing to be asked if I paid full price, question: how much is full price? I paid $ 150 for my lumia 920

The amount you pay doesn't matter. What matters to AT&T is if it's still under contract. If someone bought it off contract and then sold it to you for $5, AT&T doesn't care. They only care that it's paid for in full.

Which leads to another problem, when they ask me to show proof of that amount, which they will, then what do I do? I purchased the phone off of ebay, so as far as I can prove, I only paid $150

I got a 920 unlocked. I was asked for proof of purchase, and I simply replied that I bought it private and I have no proof (I bought it off Craigslist for $125.). I also said something like they should be able to tell by the IMEI whether or not it's under contract. In the same email I supplied the IMEI. I soon received a reply, like within an hour or so, with the unlock code! And it worked!

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
For the 1520, you might have to wait a while. The 1020 was only recently allowed to be unlocked. AT&T just seems to randomly locks down phones that prevent 3rd party unlocking.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
For the 1520, you might have to wait a while. The 1020 was only recently allowed to be unlocked. AT&T just seems to randomly locks down phones that prevent 3rd party unlocking.
True, we may need to wait until the end of this year to unlock it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Can someone PM me the method as well? AT&T denied the unlock request for 2 different reasons which doesn't make sense, if after giving a call today it doesn't work then I have to try this trick...don't want to be stuck with this phone forever

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Can someone PM me the method as well? AT&T denied the unlock request for 2 different reasons which doesn't make sense, if after giving a call today it doesn't work then I have to try this trick...don't want to be stuck with this phone forever

Since they allowed unlocks again, you may want to just pay for a unlock if AT&T is being a pain. Beats not being able to use the phone. That or just sell the phone.

fitcious

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
The seller for my phone is trying to unlock for me too...but if it doesn't go through I might have to resort to 3rd party unlocking. Any legit sites?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Since they allowed unlocks again, you may want to just pay for a unlock if AT&T is being a pain. Beats not being able to use the phone. That or just sell the phone.

The cheapest I have seen is 45 bucks from a legit enough site that I always use. The point I don't understand is the reason they gave twice when they tried to unlock, hence the pain

thebcooper

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying out this:
SwiftUnlocks AT&T Nokia Lumia

Not as cheap as I would have liked, but looks like it is on the cheaper side of things around. Hopefully it comes through with a code, I have used them before for other phones (Lumia 900 and a Droid 3).

Late Edit
Seems they cannot unlock phones that are still on contract, so that's something to keep in mind. Could just be this service though.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6