Problem connecting to Uconnect on 2007 Ram

mrg123

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I hope someone can help me.
I tried pairing my 1020 with my 2007 Ram's Uconnect. The setup was confirmed by the Uconnect system and the phone showed it had bluetooth connection. But when I gave instruction to call, the message came back that no phone was available. Has anyone hit this sort of issue and what did you do to resolve?

Thanks

Ryk Edelstein

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I am living the same hell as you are in, with the exact same problems. I even returned the 1020 as defective, and am on my second 1020... My LG-e900h works perfectly in the same car. The problem is either the implementation of Bluetooth in the 1020.. or more probably the 1020's compatibility of the version of Bluetooth on the uConnect device. I would bet anything that Bluetooth in the uConnect is less evolved than in the 1020, and probably the source of our problems.

Has anyone tried a Nexus 5 on Uconnect??? I believe this will be my next device to try.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Chrysler only lists Ram trucks from 2010-current on its site. However, a phone number is provided to call. [h=3]Don't see your vehicle model year?[/h] Contact our customer care at 1-877-855-8400

Ryk Edelstein

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
O.k. I got to the bottom of this problem. Having spoken to uConnect support at Chrysler, as well as Nokia support it has been stated that the issue being experienced when pairing a Nokia 1020 to a uConnect or any other device requiring a persistent bluetooth voice service connection is due to an issue which is known to Nokia related to keeping the Bluetooth Radio active when the display transitions to sleep mode.

The problem is not with the uConnect device.

When using my LG Optimus e900h, the uConenct performs perfectly. When using the Nokia Lumia 1020 the Bluetooth link state to the uConnect device will drop each time the device goes dark. This condition requires a simple adjustment to the control parameters for the 1020's bluetooth radio. This change may very well be adjustable via the engineering interface, if access to it was made available to field service. Which it is not. So, if this problem is to change, I suspect that Nokia will be addressing this via a future firmware update.

I hope this helps.

Ryk

Ryk Edelstein

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
The Chrysler site is not the best for checking compatibility with devices. They tried to make a fancy easy to use drop down menu type interface, but in the end it is a real pain to use.

What is important is the model of phone, and the model of uConnect device. What you want to see is that the device is listed as tested and supported. However, device models are not updated to include everything available from all carriers. Sorting devices by carrier is a pain as well as the list may not always be complete, and older or newer devices may not appear in the presented matrix.

As an example, for me to check a Nokia Lumia 1020 on a Canadian carrier on my 200 S, the device does not appear on the Canadian version of the site. So, I had to use the US site, and use AT&T as the carrier, and selected the 730N. Real pain in the ****. It took a while to find the carrier with the 1020 too.

Perhaps Chrysler might wish to offer the option to download a compatibility matrix in PDF format. By offering it in PDF, a user looking for a device compatible with their vehicle can do so in a glance, rather than by hunting.

One last note, the feature matrixes presented are severely out of date. As an example, I have yet to find a single device reported on the site as supporting MAP, although there are a number of them.

Geoff White

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2014 Dodge Dart with Uconnect 8.4N and it paired fine with my Nexus 4.
Now I upgraded to a Nexus 5, it paired ONCE now it won't pair again, noticed this this morning. The phone sees the Uconnect but says it cannot communicate with it.

Reppy07

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2014 Dodge Dart with Uconnect 8.4N and it paired fine with my Nexus 4.
Now I upgraded to a Nexus 5, it paired ONCE now it won't pair again, noticed this this morning. The phone sees the Uconnect but says it cannot communicate with it.
Same problem here. I have the '13 Dodge Dart Rallye and had it recently serviced and got all updates and whatnot available for it done.

Got a Nexus 5 yesterday from Virgin Mobile and pairs with Uconnect but trying to call someone via uconnect just keeps saying "Phone not available" and shuts off.

How is this supposed to fixed? Updated phone and uconnect but its the phone that has to be compatible?

That's dumb and makes no sense to me. Should just be the Bluetooth that it should have to recognize. Not the phone itself.

I'd understand if it couldn't download your address book (this is where compatibility should be an issue) but should easily have no problem transferring a phone call over to uconnect whether you're sending or receiving.

But alas, such is not the case obviously. Hope someone can figure it out. I like uconnect. Makes driving much nicer when you need to make a call in crap weather without having to pull over.

Ed9398

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
2012 Dodge Charger with connect worked great with Samsung S3. Freezing and pausing with Nokia 928. Therefore it is an issue with Nokia and Windows 8.

Ed9398

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I believe I found the solution to Uconnect and problems connecting with my Nokia Lumia 928. It was with Uconnect. With my 2012 Charger with Uconnect 4.3 the Unconnect manual recommends setting a PIN to a number other than the default 0000. The Uconnect manual says a unique PIN helps maintain a better connection. I deleted all devices off the Uconnect and then set a unique PIN on the Uconnect. Then I added my phone again and entered the unique code. That seems to have solved the issue finally. ...my Samsung Galaxy S3 did not have issues with the default 0000 setting. Anyway, I hope this fix helps others with Uconnect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire