How to make music playlist

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys been enjoying my Lumia 1020. Since one month.i love the,new nokia mix radio aka nokia music.but how do,i make the playlist on the phone.coz wen i go,to,playlist it,tells me,to,connect to,comp to,do it. That's weird.any help

Sent from my RM-875_Lumia 1020 _india_using Tapatalk

lupo84

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm interested.. I tried so hard tu put a play list into my device but still don't figured out how to do it properly... Any advices?????

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It's easy. Go to Xbox music. Long press on a song or genre or whatever. "ad to actual play list" (or something like this, I don't use the English version). Then go to the player, push the three dots and "save it as playlist". I don't understand why people say you can not make playlists,you can!!

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sure you can 'add to now playing' and then save it, but that is far from an ideal way to create a playlist. When you are browsing through your music (on phone) there should be a simple 'add to playlist' or 'create playlist' option which then prompts you to name and create a playlist and from there you would be able to add or remove any songs you want that are in your library.
Then when you go to playlists you would be able to easily edit them by adding or removing tracks from any playlist you have saved on the phone.
None of this 'advanced' playlist stuff is on WP's Xbox music; and the save now playing is a poor excuse for a playlist creation tool.

lupo84

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah sure you can 'add to now playing' and then save it, but that is far from an ideal way to create a playlist. When you are browsing through your music (on phone) there should be a simple 'add to playlist' or 'create playlist' option which then prompts you to name and create a playlist and from there you would be able to add or remove any songs you want that are in your library.
Then when you go to playlists you would be able to easily edit them by adding or removing tracks from any playlist you have saved on the phone.
None of this 'advanced' playlist stuff is on WP's Xbox music; and the save now playing is a poor excuse for a playlist creation tool.

I tried but it doesn't create the playlist, it tells me to create the playlist on Xbox music on the pc and then to pass it on the phone but it doesn't work... I also tried through iTunes with the same result, nothing.... I totally give up, I'm enjoying Nokia mixradio now and I really like it.... Anyway, thanks everybody...

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
meh. Nokia MixRadio is the music god for WP anyway. Can't believe how good it is.

On the other hand, if you require your own music collection, the add to now playing is fine. I don't know about you, but I get sick of playlists pretty quickly, so I think it's actually better to have a "dynamic" playlist or just a shorthand one like "now playing".

Regardless, check out MixRadio if you don't like the default app. There's offline playback, if that's what worries you most :)

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
It's easy. Go to Xbox music. Long press on a song or genre or whatever. "ad to actual play list" (or something like this, I don't use the English version). Then go to the player, push the three dots and "save it as playlist". I don't understand why people say you can not make playlists,you can!!

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

The issue is that its extremely convoluted. Almost like the idea that someone would want to create a playlist on the fly was an afterthought or some foreign concept from another planet. On my iPod touch, I can do exactly as one poster mentioned: create a playlist, name it, add and remove songs when I want, all right there on the device.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I would much rather have a method that doesn't involve making a playlist in one shot and not having the ability to add and drop music to that playlist after its made. I would also rather add songs to a dedicated playlist, rather than the extra step of adding to now playing and then saving the playlist. Its truly an unnecessary step and just *** backwards when you can accomplish these easily on other platforms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers