11-15-2015 05:12 PM
29 12
tools
    Guys been enjoying my Lumia 1020. Since one month.i love the,new nokia mix radio aka nokia music.but how do,i make the playlist on the phone.coz wen i go,to,playlist it,tells me,to,connect to,comp to,do it. That's weird.any help

Sent from my RM-875_Lumia 1020 _india_using Tapatalk
    iambob1980 likes this.
    11-23-2013 06:51 AM
    You got to create the playlist on your computer then put it onto your device.
    11-23-2013 10:13 AM
    You got to create the playlist on your computer then put it onto your device.
    This is just one of those things that makes you go 'WTF Microsoft'.
    iambob1980 and vlad0 like this.
    11-23-2013 11:36 AM
    Oh really thats a shame...nokia should fix this...really irritating :(
    11-23-2013 11:58 AM
    Guys which app to use..nokia suite or from microsoft site ?
    11-23-2013 12:00 PM
    This is just one of those things that makes you go 'WTF Microsoft'.
    It does make you go what are you thinking!!!

I'm very shocked that MS still haven't fix it in GDR3.
    11-23-2013 12:33 PM
    Guys which app to use..nokia suite or from microsoft site ?
    You can use windows phone app for desktop.
    11-23-2013 12:34 PM
    I'm interested.. I tried so hard tu put a play list into my device but still don't figured out how to do it properly... Any advices?????
    11-23-2013 07:01 PM
    Have you tried itunes? I know, it is sacrilege, but it works great.
    11-23-2013 09:20 PM
    I'm interested.. I tried so hard tu put a play list into my device but still don't figured out how to do it properly... Any advices?????
    Itunes works also, i use it and it works for me. I load playlist to my 1020 with no problems.
    11-23-2013 09:21 PM
    It's easy. Go to Xbox music. Long press on a song or genre or whatever. "ad to actual play list" (or something like this, I don't use the English version). Then go to the player, push the three dots and "save it as playlist". I don't understand why people say you can not make playlists,you can!!

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    11-24-2013 02:30 AM
    use add to "now playing" and then click on the save button below......... stop complaining...... nokia is best
    11-24-2013 02:37 AM
    Yeah sure you can 'add to now playing' and then save it, but that is far from an ideal way to create a playlist. When you are browsing through your music (on phone) there should be a simple 'add to playlist' or 'create playlist' option which then prompts you to name and create a playlist and from there you would be able to add or remove any songs you want that are in your library.
    Then when you go to playlists you would be able to easily edit them by adding or removing tracks from any playlist you have saved on the phone.
    None of this 'advanced' playlist stuff is on WP's Xbox music; and the save now playing is a poor excuse for a playlist creation tool.
    theefman likes this.
    11-24-2013 08:19 AM
    Yeah sure you can 'add to now playing' and then save it, but that is far from an ideal way to create a playlist. When you are browsing through your music (on phone) there should be a simple 'add to playlist' or 'create playlist' option which then prompts you to name and create a playlist and from there you would be able to add or remove any songs you want that are in your library.
    Then when you go to playlists you would be able to easily edit them by adding or removing tracks from any playlist you have saved on the phone.
    None of this 'advanced' playlist stuff is on WP's Xbox music; and the save now playing is a poor excuse for a playlist creation tool.
    I tried but it doesn't create the playlist, it tells me to create the playlist on Xbox music on the pc and then to pass it on the phone but it doesn't work... I also tried through iTunes with the same result, nothing.... I totally give up, I'm enjoying Nokia mixradio now and I really like it.... Anyway, thanks everybody...
    11-25-2013 11:32 AM
    I feel you! I am saying the same thing! I love my 1020 but, that only goes so far! Thinking of selling it a buying an IPhone 5 s
    02-26-2014 04:19 PM
    meh. Nokia MixRadio is the music god for WP anyway. Can't believe how good it is.

On the other hand, if you require your own music collection, the add to now playing is fine. I don't know about you, but I get sick of playlists pretty quickly, so I think it's actually better to have a "dynamic" playlist or just a shorthand one like "now playing".

Regardless, check out MixRadio if you don't like the default app. There's offline playback, if that's what worries you most :)
    02-26-2014 06:00 PM
    It's easy. Go to Xbox music. Long press on a song or genre or whatever. "ad to actual play list" (or something like this, I don't use the English version). Then go to the player, push the three dots and "save it as playlist". I don't understand why people say you can not make playlists,you can!!

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    The issue is that its extremely convoluted. Almost like the idea that someone would want to create a playlist on the fly was an afterthought or some foreign concept from another planet. On my iPod touch, I can do exactly as one poster mentioned: create a playlist, name it, add and remove songs when I want, all right there on the device.
    02-26-2014 06:06 PM
    02-26-2014 11:46 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140227_0001.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	58172
    I would much rather have a method that doesn't involve making a playlist in one shot and not having the ability to add and drop music to that playlist after its made. I would also rather add songs to a dedicated playlist, rather than the extra step of adding to now playing and then saving the playlist. Its truly an unnecessary step and just *** backwards when you can accomplish these easily on other platforms.
    Commander Fresh likes this.
    02-27-2014 01:35 AM
    This is one of important abilities missing on windows phone .
    02-27-2014 02:18 AM
    Sorry ....Ok I got the first four steps , but how/where to go to now playing .What am I missing .
    Thanks
    03-12-2014 08:51 AM
    I can show you how to make a playlist on the phone and manage it with a PC. If you want to do this read on. If you don't want to use a PC stop here.

Make a playlist on your phone. This just gives you a starting point, doesn't make any difference if it is one song or an album. Start an album or song playing, below the album art tap the song name. Another page pops up, tap the save icon on bottom, now you give your playlist a name. You have made a playlist on the phone. Pause the player

Manage the playlist in Win7. Do this with playlist created with the phone. Not with playlists you have created in some other way.
    Connect the phone via USB to the PC.
    With windows explorer find your playlist. It is in the playlist folder in music. On the SD card if you have one, if not it is on the phone.
    Double click the playlist file you just created or right click it, properties, reference tab. This will open the reference tab window.
    You can now add to the playlist from songs on your phone using drag and drop into the refercnce tab window.
    From the resources tab window you can also delete songs from the playlist and set the play order.
    references.jpg

In Win8.1 the playlist folder is hidden and the window is called recources instead of refercnce. You will have to figure out for yourself how to view hidden files and folders.
    Again, just with music on your phone, not in the cloud. This will fail.
    user928 and malighasn like this.
    03-12-2014 09:38 AM
    03-12-2014 10:07 AM
    03-12-2014 10:27 AM
    I use Extreme Music. It's what the native Music app should have been.
    03-12-2014 12:32 PM
29 12