Help! My Lumia 1020 Camera using Flash Problem

Cesar Tobias

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Pictures shots from Nokia camera during daytime or normal shots is fine but when use with flash pictures most of the time under expose or complete dark. I notice the flash behavior, if camera flash fire twice the picture is fine but fire only once then the picture is totally dark. I already reset the phone twice but still the same.
Anyone has this kind of problem?

Sample Indoor Shots below:

WP_20131105_09_59_32_Pro.jpg
Photo with Flash

WP_20131105_09_57_45_Pro.jpg
Photo without flash

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Pictures shots from Nokia camera during daytime or normal shots is fine but when use with flash pictures most of the time under expose or complete dark. I notice the flash behavior, if camera flash fire twice the picture is fine but fire only once then the picture is totally dark. I already reset the phone twice but still the same.
Anyone has this kind of problem?

i think when the flash fires twice its using the flash as well as focus light so the images are fine but when the flash fires ones then its just the focus assist light to help focus in dark(flash is not used ) so the image is dark,try increasing the iso level will help capture more light.

Cesar Tobias

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
i think when the flash fires twice its using the flash as well as focus light so the images are fine but when the flash fires ones then its just the focus assist light to help focus in dark(flash is not used ) so the image is dark,try increasing the iso level will help capture more light.
Thanks "Himanshu" for your quick reply, I intended to use flash to increase the shutter speed and reduce the iso level but looking image sample above is very strange to me, it should not supposed to be dark that way.

Cesar Tobias

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked that the flash is actually firing? Sounds like only your focus light is working and not the main xenon flash.
Thanks! "CarteBlance" i think you're right, only pre-flash is working but the main flash does not fire as shown on the exif data below.. What could be the problem? is it software or Hardware issue?

exif.jpg

Cesar Tobias

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Today i went to Nokia store and test their Lumia 1020 on the display, Tried the camera in auto flash even in force flash mode and it went off without fail.
So i guest im the only one had this problem.. looking everywhere nothing found.

Cesar Tobias

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried resetting the camera settings or a master reset if the phone?

Yes! I did reset the camera setting to default already and reset to factory 3 times but still the problem persist even tried in Nokia pro cam or default camera. If it is Hardware problem why is it working on the first 3 or 4 shots? after that only preflash is working but the main flash failed to fire.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue both led and xenon would not fire after a week flashed new software + hard reset did not help so just send it for repairs it takes a week approx. Now my 1020 is absolutely fine and working like it should.

Cesar Tobias

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue both led and xenon would not fire after a week flashed new software + hard reset did not help so just send it for repairs it takes a week approx. Now my 1020 is absolutely fine and working like it should.

Can you shed me some info please how they repaired your 1020? mine still they trying to flash new rom thinking maybe only software problem.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I did not get any detailed info on what was repaired but on the repair form it said device reset, device software flash, function test, swapped components, software update, test ok.

Cesar Tobias

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I did not get any detailed info on what was repaired but on the repair form it said device reset, device software flash, function test, swapped components, software update, test ok.
Swapped components.. unknown? Did you sent L1020 to your Local Nokia store? or sent it abroad.. anyways, may i know your place,location?

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes a unknown component to me, i am from Belgium myself the repair centre is in Germany for Europe, i am not shure where you have to send it from Manila.

Cesar Tobias

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes a unknown component to me, i am from Belgium myself the repair centre is in Germany for Europe, i am not shure where you have to send it from Manila.

I just sent it back to store where i purchased here in Manila, Did you pay for the repair or replacement of the parts of your L1020? i believed this is Factory defect issue ..

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
No you do not have to pay anything this issue is a defect not caused by the user so under warranty the cost is for the manufacturer in this case Nokia.

Blasted From My Xperia Z1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05