Lost 16% over night?

Scornt

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

I lost 16% battery over nicht. How is that possible? Isn't there a deep sleep?
My android or iPhone lost maximal 1% in a night.

Via Task Manager I removed nearly all apps in background and I also removed some apps in background tasks.

So what can I do?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This is a known bug for windows phone 8. Usually a process gets stuck and continues to drain your battery. The drain will stop if you restart your device. My solution is to have a battery app that notifies me when the battery is draining fast. When I get that notification, I immediately restart. It helps a lot. I only get the massive drain once or twice every couple weeks. But when it does happen, the battery can drain very fast. Some people have reported losing the ENTIRE battery overnight. From full to empty. Hopefully this is fixed in wp8.1

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I think 16% overnight is pretty normal, sadly. I agree, my old Blackberry's could still be at 95-98% when I woke up. However, I dont think that was accurate, because once I used them, they would drop 5-10% or so within minutes. Still better than a 20% drop though...

I just charge mine overnight now... Its usually dead by the time I go to bed anyways. Who am I kidding, I'm tethered to my chargers. :/

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're complaining about 16% over night?

Did you leave it on? It still checks all your accounts and updates live tiles and does all the same things it does during the day. All those background tasks still run. And that all needs power. If you're not plugging it in at night, that power has to come from the battery.

The only phone I've ever seen NOT lose that much battery overnight unplugged was my iPhone 4S when it had no SIM and was in airplane mode just so I could use the alarm in the morning.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
You're complaining about 16% over night?

Did you leave it on? It still checks all your accounts and updates live tiles and does all the same things it does during the day. All those background tasks still run. And that all needs power. If you're not plugging it in at night, that power has to come from the battery.

The only phone I've ever seen NOT lose that much battery overnight unplugged was my iPhone 4S when it had no SIM and was in airplane mode just so I could use the alarm in the morning.
You said Nokia 3390 wrong.

Scornt

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I simply used WLAN and didn't even use a SIM card, so there were no drain with searching a signal.

Yes, background tasks drain battery but over night or over a short period of standby the device should go in a deep sleep where it doesn't drain much battery. This is know from other devices and even with 3 Email syncs, location service on, facebook, whatsapp and calendar sync my last android lost 0-1 % the night.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you, I have 3 emails and a hand full of apps that have background tasks running and also have cellular and WiFi on too. I don't lose more than 5-6% overnight. guessing an app is causing that problem. Best bet is to go to all those apps and see which ones have been updated or not. Could be the one that hasn't had an update or the newest one(s) you updated.

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
This is a know problem unfortunately, check 920 and WP8 sections of this forum. 920/925/1020 and other phones using WP8 suffers from this.

My 1020 could easily lose that much battery aswell over a night. And this was with no sim card, flight mode activated, no live tiles, no installed apps, every setting turned off. Compare this to my iPhone 4S, with most settings on and 3G, that loses 1-2% over night. Battery drainage was horrible on idle, and even worse when you used the phone. 3-10% drainage/hour on idle, up to 15-20% drainage/hour under load.

I returned the phone very dissapointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos