12-11-2013 07:49 PM
35 12
tools
    I bet the OS itself is having some serious battery draining issues. I once tried to turn on airplane, reboot phone, turn off airplane and it seems to solve the issue. However, I find that the battery info is also have weird problems. It was reporting 90%, and after I reboot, it is reporting 100%, which should be the correct one. Somehow or rather, I think WP8 GDR2 is having some serious battery issues.
    12-06-2013 07:58 AM
    once GDR3 update comes out, it should be a major solution for a lot of people, solve ALOT of problems as well
    12-06-2013 11:51 PM
    once GDR3 update comes out, it should be a major solution for a lot of people, solve ALOT of problems as well
    I wouldn't bet on it. From what we've seen, GDR3 seems to minimally change battery life. I'd be more optimistic for Black or 8.1
    12-07-2013 12:28 AM
    Lumia Black is the GDR3 update (technically) its the bitter/sweet update.
    12-07-2013 12:42 AM
    Lumia Black is the GDR3 update (technically) its the bitter/sweet update.
    Black and GDR3 are most certainly different updates. The fact that one is pushed for all devices and the other is pushed for Nokia devices should be enough proof. Their change logs do not match up either. They're different updates meant to address different problems.
    fieldbaker likes this.
    12-07-2013 01:04 AM
    Black and GDR3 are most certainly different updates. The fact that one is pushed for all devices and the other is pushed for Nokia devices should be enough proof. Their change logs do not match up either. They're different updates meant to address different problems.
    The GDR3 is brought to nokia devices with the lumia black update, although they may be different solutions GDR3 is certainly coming with the lumia black update to the lumia devices, like the 1020 for example, and i quite love how wherever i go you are so good at finding a way to argue with me...
    12-07-2013 09:04 AM
    The GDR3 is brought to nokia devices with the lumia black update, although they may be different solutions GDR3 is certainly coming with the lumia black update to the lumia devices, like the 1020 for example, and i quite love how wherever i go you are so good at finding a way to argue with me...
    You seem to be under the mindset that they're the same updates just because they have the same release timeframe. This isn't the case, both updates are being developed by separate parties with different degrees of availability, they have different names to differentiate them, one is already released to most of the public in a reliably working state while the other one isn't. With that in mind, I'm willing to bet that the development schedule for each update is not even remotely similar, other than the release date. The list can go on.
    12-07-2013 12:03 PM
    Here is my ultimate settings to improve battery.

Reset/reformat the phone
    Uninstall all the bloatwares (Angry bird roost, Nokia drive, Nokia here lens, Nokia Maps, CNN, ESPN Hub, Nokia Smart Cam, Smart Shoot, App Highlights, Transfer my data, Nokia Care, Weather App, Facebook, Twitter) ETC. Until you cannot uninstall anymore apps
    Then go to settings
    Turned off vibrate, uncheck Key Press, and lock and unlock on Sound settings.
    Choose dark theme
    Set lock screen to 30 seconds
    Uncheck "Notify me when new networks are found" in wifi settings
    Turned off bluetooth
    Turned off tap+send
    Turned off Data connection and set the highest connection speed to 2G
    Turned off Location
    Turned off all the backup settings (auto upload)
    Set brightness to Low
    Set touch sensitivity to Normal
    Turned off Glance
    Tuned off Connect with Xbox
    Now install only "necessary apps" that you only use.
    Then disable or blocked all the background task
    Do not fully drain your battery by the way.

Enjoy!
    12-07-2013 02:08 PM

Reset/reformat the phone
    Uninstall all the bloatwares (Angry bird roost, Nokia drive, Nokia here lens, Nokia Maps, CNN, ESPN Hub, Nokia Smart Cam, Smart Shoot, App Highlights, Transfer my data, Nokia Care, Weather App, Facebook, Twitter) ETC. Until you cannot uninstall anymore apps
    Then go to settings
    Choose dark theme
    Turned off bluetooth
    Turned off tap+send
    Turned off Location
    Set brightness to Low
    Turned off Glance

Enjoy!
    While what you've said will most certainly increase battery performance, your "workaround" is not a very practical one. You've essentially removed every feature that makes Windows Phone stand out and a smartphone OS. Even if somebody does only install "necessary apps", it's still not a satisfactory solution for most, because sometimes, people want to play a game or go on twitter or do anything that requires an app that is not "necessary", as you put it. Following a few steps at most would be a plausible solution, but following every single instruction that you've posted isn't realistic.
    Paritosh Rai likes this.
    12-07-2013 03:09 PM

Reset/reformat the phone
    Then go to settings
    Choose dark theme
    Turned off bluetooth
    Turned off tap+send
    Turned off Location
    Set brightness to Low
    Turned off Glance

Enjoy!
    Just get a conventional old phone then. All these don'ts are impractical for having a smart phone.
    12-11-2013 07:49 PM
35 12