My dream phone from Nokia: Lumia 1020 + S800 + 1080p + 5.5" + 41MP + OIS + Pentaband = Instant Buy

I am a bit concerned that we haven't heard much about the successor of the Lumia 1020, and I hope they'll continue with the 41MP.
    11-30-2013 04:22 PM
    I'd say more between 4.7 to 5.2 for screen size.
    11-30-2013 04:27 PM
    The problem is that is not really up to Nokia anymore; it will be up to Microsoft and who knows what they will do to the Lumia brand.
    11-30-2013 04:27 PM
    I'd say more between 4.7 to 5.2 for screen size.
    I am fine with that too, actually. I hope MS doesn't just ruin the 1020 true successor. I tried the 1520, and the size is simply too big for me.
    11-30-2013 04:54 PM
    That is the phone I am waiting for!!
    11-30-2013 05:12 PM
    I wouldn't expect one this soon. No doubt, there will be a replacement, but really, who knows when. Especially considering the buyout. Not only that, the camera on the 1520 and 929 are marginally different than the 1020. Granted, they aren't 5.5". Forget technical differences, look at the sticky picture threads in the 1520 and 1020 threads. Considering, the 1020 should be better on paper, Black firmware will be big for the 1020. The 1520 takes some incredibly sharp and beautiful pictures. Sometimes I look at them and think they turn out better than what I see from 1020 shots.
    11-30-2013 05:18 PM
    I tried the 1520, and the size is simply too big for me. ..

haha - that's what she said!
    11-30-2013 05:51 PM
    Personally, I hope the 1020's successor will be equipped with a dedicated images processing chip like 808. I'm sure that will help focusing, processing and saving raw files very quickly. And a 5.2 inches screen will be the best for me. Snapdragon 805 is just rolled out, maybe Nokia should bring it on their next flagship like what they did with 1520. I will buy that phone with whatever price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    11-30-2013 05:55 PM
    it better have xenon or I aint buying it lol

serious though , why would you expect to hear about a 1020 successor already? its only been out just over 8 weeks in the uk , some other markets haven't even got it yet lol. ?There is no way your going to hear of one yet ,

I would expect a 920 successor to come 1st , a 1520 type device , with 4.7" screen , s8 cpu , 20mp cam , led flash ,micro sd slot , wireless charging etc etc . I would think we would hear about this come new year with it being announced in February maybe , id see this as a 920 successor for the people that don't want a phablet or the best camera they can get but a very decent camera with high end specs

I would then expect leaks for the next 1020 , it isn't a niche device like some would have you believe , its a normal smartphone with an awesome camera , the s4 zoom is niche because of its design , the 808 was niche as nokia had killed Symbian , the 1020 is not niche , its a mainstream phone with a killer feature and there is no way elop and team will forget about the 41mp awesomeness , its sets them apart from others , why would they not continue with this after spending so much on nokia??

give them a chance lol :-) like I say the 1020 has been out 8 weeks in the uk and your already expecting to hear about a successor ;-)

edit
    I think most current 1020 users would actually like to see more improvements then the ones you listed as well , of course the ones you listed would be welcome but as an upgrade path from the 1020 id like too see

# bigger sensor - 808 size or bigger -- 1" is my dream

# they can not and I repeat NOT leave out xenon flash on a camera centric device like the 1020/808/n8 no way ...... if they do its a terrible choice and will leave me hanging onto my 1020 . xenon is important for pub/club/people shots at night time when the subject may move , it adds thickness but it also adds unmatched versatility for the camera and I am sure many people will agree . Don't get me wrong for static objects with a light source then no flash is great with ois and big sensor creating a clear atmospheric shot ....... however try taking a picture in a pub of your mates after a few drinks with anything but an xenon equipped device and then an xenon equipped device ...... the results will be night and day and for little reasons like that I think xenon is vital . I was interested in the z1 , no xenon no buy , the 1520 , no xenon no buy lol

# bigger battery - the processing causes quite big battery drain which can mean a heavy photo shoot and your phone is running low for the rest of the day

# better builds for the optics - side softness can be quite common on some 1020s id like to see the build a bit better and precise resulting in less optical faults

# 4x mics from the 1520 - rich recording sounds great on the 1520

# new improved camera grip

# ois improvement if possible - may not be possible due to the massive sensor and small size of phone

# custom pre-sets like the nokia 808 - I get wound up not having c1 , c2 , c3 with my settings already set up

# a xenon flash that we can change settings of - red eye flash , slow sync flash , etc etc

# a on board raw editor - now this could just be a dream also but with the new cpu power could we have maybe some preset options to process the raw data on the phone itself ie over saturated , natraul , and some basic other tools that would then process the photo righ there on the phone

# mhl connection for tv out and usb in like the galaxy range of phones and other high end androids , nokia was one of the 1st to bring usb2go to mobile phones with the n900 and then the n8 , the more connectivity options the better even if some people don't use them others do

# micro sd card and 32gb and 64gb models - 16gb internal storage is old skool these days , games are bigger , map data bigger , photo sizes bigger , hd video size bigger ...... you get the drift :-) we need 32gb and 64gb models with micro sd card slots for future proofing the device , probably wont happened due to Microsoft pushing skydrive but hey I can still dream ;-)

# remote shutter option via a Bluetooth tool that goes on your keychain - I have just seen the oppo android phone and it comes with a Bluetooth tool that clips onto your key chain , it can be used to do certain things with the device via Bluetooth so you can use it as remote shutter button with a camera like the 1020s and better it could be a very handy addition , connect to tripod , wait for moment , use remote shutter button ;-)

I think if they upgrade the 1020 , they should improve the camera a bit , taking it beyond the 808 and 1020 , after all it is an upgrade to acamera centric device , for this reason I don't care if they take another 9 months developing the 1020 successor , at the minute we have a smartphone with a bigger sensor then most point and shoot cameras and a great smartphone that easily matches the best on the market , no one will touch the 1020 for what at least 6 months maybe more giving nokia/Microsoft plenty of time to get it right ;-)

oh and we still have ''black'' to look forwards too ;-) that new jpeg processing is gonna rock on the 1020 bringing it much closer to 808 standard in terms of noise etc :-) I really cant wait for ''black'' and as a 1020 user that is something I cant wait to get my hands on ....... hurry up nokia ;-)
    Last edited by buxz777; 11-30-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    11-30-2013 07:37 PM