12-11-2013 01:39 PM
32 12
tools
    Hum... No, I'm not trying to add new words to the database. I'm trying to add shortcuts. Example: in IOS I made the word "e1" the shortcut for my email. Everytime I wrote "e1", it was changed automatically to "del_rj@live.com". Save a lot of time.

I didn't figure out how to do that on WP.
    Ok, got ya. I think that is probably something I would not use much, but I can see how many others would find that indispensable. Maybe it will come out as an app before it gets put into the OS.
    12-06-2013 09:48 AM
    OP HERE!

how do i go back/forward in internet explorer? i can use the permanent back button to go to previous pages, but how do i go back forward again. this is yet another unrefined goof-up on microsoft and all these unrefinements are starting to add up. I feel like im using a beta-test phone...

im just SO utterly dissapointed with my windows phone. I was so fed up with iOS7 I figured the android/windows market was at least on par, or only slightly sub par with iOS. Good god, I feel like a 5 year step back. However, i did realize the camera was fixed after the grinding gears/reset fiasco.

NEW THINGS TO RANT ABOUT

now youtube.... ive tried various youtube apps with no avail.... I cant seem to find one that will let you use the status bar to fast forward or rewind back to the spot i want to be. seems like theirs a option to speed forward or back but its completely useless as the chances of it going to the spot i want are none.
    Is there a remedy for this? again, feels all very beta...

other apps i use alot are pintrest, which feels slower than just using IE on the website, that app is almost worthless, and then there is facebook. which feels like the iphone app from back in the iPhone 2g days...

then there are maps apps. I was hoping there would be microsofts version of apple maps / google maps... Like i could search burgers, and the places that sell burgers would pop up, with a star rating from whatever microsoft owned app, like say urbanspoon (dont know if they are affiliated with MS in any way, just a reference) so that all the names of burger places pop up, with their urban spoon star rating, and when you click on one you get all the info, directions options, and reviews. I LOVED this feature in iOS, and it is much missed :(

ranting aside, and suggestions?
    I am right there with you on much of this. Along with the keyboard recommended spellchecks and cursor placement. I actually much prefer the interface and basic OS functions but you are right, much refining is needed. Really wish there were custom keyboards ala Android. Not to mention my disgust over my overly warm yellow pictures. I really really want to like the phone more than I currently do and think after some growing pains I will. But its just frustrating right now.
    12-09-2013 03:02 PM
    Try to take the pics by changing the white balance setting. I find that helps to get rid of the yellow hit.
    The OS update will fix it for sure.
    12-09-2013 09:23 PM
    I did find a decent suggestion that seems to help. It has the flash on, ISO of 400 or less, and shutter of 1/30 or faster. I will try in different settings, but it stinks to have to do it every time. Wish setting would save or could set quick profiles.
    12-10-2013 02:48 PM
    are you telling me you can't save a setting in WP8 camera app?!
    12-10-2013 08:19 PM
    12-11-2013 01:39 AM
    To go forward in IE I added the following as a favorite...

javascript:history.forward()
    12-11-2013 01:39 PM
32 12