I want to change to a Lumia 1020

albadi88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
hi everyone

as u can see from the title i really want to change my iphone 5 (which by i only recently acquired ) to lumia 1020 or 5s
and since nothing have changed in the iphone i really want to know how good is L1020 like opening and closing apps (i know some folks says that WP don't have money apps but things are
changing) and are the apps are good as the apps on iphone and how it is the FF camera and how good compered to Iphone ??? and the wight of the phone is heavy on the hand or in the pocket
and how much time does L1020 take to fully charge from empty battery and how long i can use it with open Wifi almost half of they day??? and one last thing what are the advantage of having
Windows phone over Iphone beside the amazing camera and office???

sorry guys but since i'm paying top dollar i want a top devise not saying WP is bad since i had HD7 WP7 up to mango UPdate andi was pretty comfortable
ah what will be the change will notice if i buy wp8 from WP7??

Last edited by a moderator:

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: i want to change to L1020

HI albadi, your questions are for the most part are subjective, the WP8 speed of opening apps is quite good, and generally as fast as the other two OS's as for closing apps you have owned a WP7 so you know how the OS handles closing apps ( although GDR3 does give you the ability to manually close apps running in the background now ), as for weight in hand and pocket the L1020 is larger and heavier than the 5s, how you perceive the diff is an individual thing and i would recommend that if possible you go to a store and test the "feel" personally, I own the 1020 and do not have a problem with either weight or size but everyone is different. the FF cameras are on par with each other neither with a significant edge, my L1020 will charge from around 30% to full in about an hour give or take, as for the quality of the apps this is quite subjective to the end user (you) however on a whole the app design and functionality on the WP8 OS tends to be better on a whole with a more simplified user interface and more elegance in design, most people feel that the other OS's have MORE apps but the WP OS has better apps when compared apples to apples ( meaning same apps on competing OS's ) as far as WP7.5 vs WP8 it really comes down to a much more polished OS, there really isnt any MAJOR changes between the two OS's to the user its mostly changes on HOW the OS works rather how the user use's it, there are subtle improvements and it continues to evolve. if you liked WP7.5 you will mostly be pleased with WP8

albadi88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
another thing about IE how good it is compared to safari ??? and IDK but i like to read books and to be honest this thing reading books on iphone too annoying duo to
small screen is this will a problem with L1020 ?? and another thing about voice calls is it good i mean the sound ??? and how does the phone feel in the hand since it is not glossy
and i think My Qs are finished for now and thnx for ur replay

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
another thing about IE how good it is compared to safari ??? and IDK but i like to read books and to be honest this thing reading books on iphone too annoying duo to
small screen is this will a problem with L1020 ?? and another thing about voice calls is it good i mean the sound ??? and how does the phone feel in the hand since it is not glossy
and i think My Qs are finished for now and thnx for ur replay

IE on WP8 is pretty good as for how it stacks up against safari i couldn't help you with as i dont use an Iphone, however people who i know with iPhones who have used my phone have in general liked the web browser better, I do read books quite abit and have no complaints with the 1020 in this regards, much better than my old Samsung Focus (WP7) call quality is very good as well as having a good speaker phone, the 1020 takes a little time to get used to due to the camera hump on the back of the phone, however its not a huge deal and after a day you dont seem to notice it, as far as weight and size in the hand it feels quite comfortable, a solid phone, but this will depend on you, some like very light and thin phones, to me they feel cheap and fragile, i like a phone that dosent feel like i will break it just holding it, but this is a personal preference as everyone is different in this regards,

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I would say about 90% of the people I work with or are in my social circle use iphone. They seem happy with what they use their phones for. I have tinkered with the odd iphone and I just don't see the draw to it.
The only thing I can find fault with iphone is screen size. As my eyes are failing, and only going to get worse the older I get, I just myself can not see ever using something that has text so small. This is just me, and not the impression of the masses!!

Most iphone users who have played with my Windows phones have never had issue with fining there way around my phone. So there really is not much learning curve to do a change over.

I would say it would be harder for a Windows phone user to switch to Iphone or Android, then for either to switch to Windows Phone.

We have all the apps either by 1st or 3rd party....at last check Pinterest does not have an Official app, but there are 2 3rd party apps to fill in. Now soon to have BBM when the closed Beta finishes.

As for the camera.......In my opinion you can not even match the iphone camera to any high end Lumia Camera, Nokia is just way to far out for Apple to catch them. Not to say an iphone camera is not a good one, because it does take quality shots. However a 41MP phone camera that can out shot my Cannon for quality, is just not something you want to even think about if your Apple.

As to reading a book.....see screen size......

No matter what you end up with, in the long run what matters is what are you going to use your phone for is the question you need to ask yourself. Then when you know your needs look at what is in your price range.

Who knows maybe something like an HTC One would also fit........ The phone should fit the person, not the person trying to fit the phone.

albadi88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
thnx guys im waiting to get my 10$ from free my apps and i will switch Immediately so i can by apps on WP :winktongue:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720