Will GDR3 or Black slove the "Data Connection not available" issue with unlocked phones?

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So I would like to know if I should just wait for either update, or go ahead and just use the Field Test method to enable my internet share.

I bought a Rogers Nokia Lumia 1020, had it unlocked ( Not by Rogers ), and use it on the Wind Network. I am overjoyed it all works now but for the internet share.

When I had my HTC Radar it all worked but MMS ( never could get it to work ). So I was able to surf on my Surface and W3 when out and about.

I am not a fan of public WiFi ( Starbucks, Timmies ), yes it's free but who is tracking the data I use. As my Wind account is Unlimited at least I know my bank info ( or pictures of Gals in Bikinis LOL) stays on my network.

So will either the GDR3 or Black Update fix my issue? My other question would be how will these updates get to me, as I am not on Rogers with a Rogers phone. Will the update come from Microsoft, or am I going to have to use software from Nokia ( which I have never used)?????

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will GDR3 or Black slove the "Data Connection not available" issue with unlocked phones?

Hey I'm also with Wind and using a Rogers unlocked 1020. I posted the solution to internet sharing here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/250360-internet-sharing-issue-my-1020-a.html
As for GDR3, I think we should receive the update automatically. If not, there will undoubtedly be some manual work around

This fix will not work for me. I was looking at that post the other night, and Access Point is not available to me. I have tried to download it, via link, Store, and QR code. All of them come up as not available.

So the last option would be the Field Test workaround......but I am not sure if it works on our model/network, and I am not sure to risk messing up my phone to try.

EDIT I just tried again, and now it's available and installed..........So thank you for the link !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven