guys help me here i just bought my New L1020 so i was checking the phone and here i was
    seen some crack,points IDK how to describe them to you on my phone and it can only bee seen when its dark or very low light
    so i was thinking i must not be the only one faced this problem am I and how i can fix or i should just take it to shop i bought it from since i
    must tell you i didn't buy it from nokia directly help please IDK what to do
    12-03-2013 07:26 PM
    Same here on my l820.. I think these are the scratches on the clearblack layer on the display..
    12-03-2013 07:40 PM
    do you mean ''black blobs'' ''dark objects'' on a pure dark screen in a dark room?? if so this is an amoled screen thing , some have it worse then others if this is what your talking about , ive had it on a s3 and s4 my old 1020 , its quite common

if this isn't what you mean then sorry lol :-)
    12-03-2013 08:08 PM
    If this is only when you have a black screen in low light, and you can see what look like blobs, or lines running across the display that look indented, it's common with AMOLED displays - the manufacturing process creates these when the panels are made - and the 1020 has an AMOLED screen. It's pretty much on every AMOLED device, some more than others. If it really annoys you/is quite severe you CAN take it back, but by no means is it a fault with the display
    12-03-2013 08:17 PM
    do you mean ''black blobs'' ''dark objects'' on a pure dark screen in a dark room?? if so this is an amoled screen thing , some have it worse then others if this is what your talking about , ive had it on a s3 and s4 my old 1020 , its quite common

if this isn't what you mean then sorry lol :-)
    If this is only when you have a black screen in low light, and you can see what look like blobs, or lines running across the display that look indented, it's common with AMOLED displays - the manufacturing process creates these when the panels are made - and the 1020 has an AMOLED screen. It's pretty much on every AMOLED device, some more than others. If it really annoys you/is quite severe you CAN take it back, but by no means is it a fault with the display
    so you say this blops ,cracks or whatever is normal and common and i shouldn't be worried about it but i was reading a another post about same thing here on WPC and as i thought many have the problem but not all people??
    12-03-2013 08:28 PM
    so you say this blops ,cracks or whatever is normal and common and i shouldn't be worried about it but i was reading a another post about same thing here on WPC and as i thought many have the problem but not all people??
    Yeah, look at this XDA post for a more in-depth explanation: Mura Effect & AMOLED Displays (Note II) - xda-developers it's just a flaw in the current manufacturing process for AMOLED displays
    12-04-2013 12:10 AM
    thnx man for your help and i guess i'm gone keep L1020
    12-04-2013 05:48 AM
    Yup mine too, Now afraid that if after one year or end of warranty it get worse!
    12-05-2013 12:19 PM
    Hi Hi! I have the same problem. I bought the phone this week. And in the evening I saw a strange stains on the screen. I went to the company and they gave me a new phone. You would not believe, but this has even more spots. I read here in the comments. And some I do not understand. I know one, I spend my money and I want to buy a phone without any defects. If Nokia company manufactured and put into the market a defective product, I can say only one, they are the lowest-class company. They must monitor and analyze their products. Tomorrow I'll try to return the phone back. Because I do not know what it's going to happen in a week, month or year. img_8401.jpgimg_8396.jpg
    12-05-2013 06:50 PM
    second phone. Nice yes? :D defect2.jpg
    12-05-2013 07:12 PM
    Hi Hi! I have the same problem. I bought the phone this week. And in the evening I saw a strange stains on the screen. I went to the company and they gave me a new phone. You would not believe, but this has even more spots. I read here in the comments. And some I do not understand. I know one, I spend my money and I want to buy a phone without any defects. If Nokia company manufactured and put into the market a defective product, I can say only one, they are the lowest-class company. They must monitor and analyze their products. Tomorrow I'll try to return the phone back. Because I do not know what it's going to happen in a week, month or year. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8401.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	51326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8396.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	870.2 KB 
ID:	51327
    mate, it happens in every phone that has an AMOLED screen...Samsung S4s, HTCs etc.....it's part of the manufacturing process - it's not a defect dude.
    12-08-2013 02:23 AM
    I have had a few 1020s , I couldn't make my mind up on the black or yellow , because I can get the 64gb version and get it unlocked easily changing my mind is easy as selling one on ebay and buying another ........ ive had 4 now 2 black and 2 yellow and have actually made about 50 lol

anyways the pictures above show it quite badly and I must say only one of the 1020s I have had has had it that bad , the yellow one I am using at the minute has a very very clean black display and doesn't have them like this ........

also I got through a few s4s and only one of them had it as bad as the picture above , so ok it is ''normal'' to have such marks in the display due to the build process of the screen tech but what level of smudging/black blobs is normal and acceptable :-/

from the pics the user has uploaded I think I would be annoyed too , especially as users like me don't have them as bad although I have seen them with my own eyes on one of my 1020s ..... its this type of variable build that makes buying a new mobile phone and getting a spot on one like participating in the lottery lol
    M_art_in likes this.
    12-08-2013 04:36 AM
    is this on the oute layer of screen or the first layer?
    02-24-2014 10:07 AM