Confused about how to access the 41 mpixel images

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a 1020 and I'm really not sure how to access the full resolution images I've taken. The phone is supposed to take two images, one over-sampled 5 mpixel image, and another at full resolution. I used the Windows Phone app to upload my images to my PC, and when I look at the info I see the images are 3072x1729 @ 72 dpi. Surely that's not the full res image?

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Using Nokia Camera for browsing pictures shows You the 41 mpix image (You can reframe them also). If You want to browse full res pictures on Your PC, You need to plug Your phone, go to Camera Roll pictures and there, full res photos are stored.

Del Rei

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
On PC, when looking at the 41MP files, they should have the "_Pro" after the file name, as "WP_20131115_12_53_43_Pro.jpg".

Those are the high resolution images.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I think everyone is missing a key piece of information for someone new to the phone (and maybe not used to this)... To get access to the 41MP image, when you hook it up to your computer, you cannot use the Windows Phone Sync app.

You need to go to "My Computer" (Windows 7 and earlier) or "This PC" (Windows 8+), and open up the "Lumia 1020" drive (drive, if you want to call it that). Then navigate to your Camera roll, and high quality images will be in there marked as pro.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I think everyone is missing a key piece of information for someone new to the phone (and maybe not used to this)... To get access to the 41MP image, when you hook it up to your computer, you cannot use the Windows Phone Sync app.

You need to go to "My Computer" (Windows 7 and earlier) or "This PC" (Windows 8+), and open up the "Lumia 1020" drive (drive, if you want to call it that). Then navigate to your Camera roll, and high quality images will be in there marked as pro.

actually they are marked highres.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your help guys. Things are a little clearer.
Would you always use the high res images when adding photos to your photo app on your PC/Mac (ie: iPhoto, Picasa etc.) ?

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your help guys. Things are a little clearer.
Would you always use the high res images when adding photos to your photo app on your PC/Mac (ie: iPhoto, Picasa etc.) ?

To be honest, I usually upload all photos taken on the phone directly to facebook, which are the low res images.

However, I'm one of those people that keep EVERY picture I've ever taken, so regularly I'll dump the high res images on to a folder on my server just for the sake of keeping them. As far as I'm concerned, the low res images are disposable, but the high res are considered gold.

I don't know what iPhoto is, but as far as Picasa goes, in my case it indexes and uses the high res copies I have on my server.

One more thing I normally do: When I move the High res off the phone, I actually move (I cut/paste, instead of copying). This keeps my memory free for new pics, at the same time allows me to keep the low res older copies in case I need to show anyone!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
You can also send them directly from your phone with the phriz.be App. 1 of like 2 or 3 Apps that can actually send the high resolution photos directly from the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon