1020 damage, beatings, etc....

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
So, I have a cheap poetic clear case on my yellow 1020 and it slipped in my car yesterday, sorta ticked me off! The top left corner has the ever so slightest mark, you can only tell under bright light and that is hard. I took the case off, and notice a tiny tiny piece of plastic chipped off near the slim card slot. I guess misery loves company lol, how is everyones phones holding up? It seems the corners are the deadliest!

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I got a 520,i dropped it a few times,the rest body is ok but the corners,uh....they are so damaged that i need a new housing cover lol.Got any pictures of it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
920 here
the one real time it was dropped by a friend resulting in a few scratches across the screen (ugh)
the polycarbonate still holding up great with pretty much no damage

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Had a 1020 for about 3 or 4 months, dropped once or twice mildly with 0 damage. I went this time with no case, no screen protector, nothing. One day, in the kitchen, above tile floor, I was sitting with sweatpants on and my phone in my pockets. Moved over slightly, it just slid out of my pocket and landed in that one wrong angle. The sound of the cracking screen was evident, but when I picked it up, the corner took some small damage, and the screen was cracked. Otherwise, worked flawlessly.

Fortunately, I have the Microsoft Assure plan, so I went to the Microsoft store that day and they swapped it for a new one (less $50 deductible).

Now I've had this one for about 2 months or so and have always kept it in a case. The case has varied, but when I take it out, it still looks flawless. So far, my favorite case has been this one:
At T Nokia Lumia 1020 4G Jet Black Fishnet Black Dual Hybrid Hard Case Cover | eBay

It comes in a variety of colors too, but black is good for me.

I also now have an invisible shield that I had someone from the mall stand install for me. It looks great and has none of that orange peel effect that everyone complains about.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Ya those corners are deadly mine is fine as I looked it over...still sucks, like to keep my phones in "like new to brand new" condition...oh well

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Corners are a huge vulnerability! I am finding out that a drawback with my favorite type of case - AGF style - even with gentle use deteriorates at the corners. I have no doubt that they have protected the phone's corners but after using the AT&T brand and the all-leather one by Tetded, I am finally giving up on this type of case and going with something more enclosed and robust. Trying first with a Speck Candyshell..

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
ugh good, sorry, just makes me realize I am not alone on this topic! The phone quality overall is great, but after two yellow 1020's, one had to be returned due to constantly freezing, but the slightest drop in my car and to see the ever so slightest mark/gap in the top left corner, along with a slight chip/slant near the sim card tray... (which to the normal eye no one has noticed or would never notice) still drives me nuts! But hey the phone works like a champ I guess thats what matters! I like the speck case, I was at my att store and it was 50% off and I had the white one before, but damn its huge and bulky, I will just continue taking my chances :(

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
= I like the speck case, I was at my att store and it was 50% off and I had the white one before, but damn its huge and bulky,

Yeah, I noticed that too, but at least appears to follow the shape of the phone. The one I don't care for is the Otterbox - nicely made, but totally utilitarian.

Another I considered was Nokia's charging case, but I'm still not confident in the amount of corner protection it would offer..

CC3066.jpg

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
920 - super strong - dropped a few times and nothing.
1020 - dropped 1 day after it was released from waist height without a cover and screen shattered!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05