What do you think of your yellow 1020?

JeffDH

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have to decide whether to get a black or a yellow Lumia 1020 and I really don't know which I like more. Black seems to be the safest choice, because every theme color suits the black version well. Although, I really like the looks of the yellow 1020. The problem with that phone is that I don't like too much colors. For example, a yellow phone with a blue theme color is not done for me. I would have to stick with the yellow theme color when buying a yellow 1020. Also, I'm not really sure whether I'm still satisfied with my choice for a yellow 1020 after three months or so. I don't want to think "I have had enough of the yellow theme color, I want to choose another one so I really should've chosen the black 1020."

So my question is: what advice would you give me? For the yellow 1020 users: do you still think you made the right choice by going for the yellow one? Don't you think you're limited in your choice for other theme colors?

I hope you guys can help me. :)

Jeff

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have yellow and I'm very happy with it. I am currently using the teal theme though, so my taste is probably different to yours ;) I have not used the purple/pink range of colours, but to me everything else looks OK.
I think that all the Nokia advertising of the yellow will make it slightly more valuable for resale in the future.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought a white 1020. It looks soooo nice and a lovely contrast with the black camera module. I wanted a wireless charging jacket and could only find black or yellow, so I ordered a yellow. I'm so glad I didn't get a yellow phone! It is a glow-in-the dark kind of yellow, you know, like a highlighter pen. Fine if you like that, but I most certainly don't. I returned it and am using the phone naked, lol. I think the glossy yellow of the 920 works, but in matte it just looks wrong IMO.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Very, very happy with my yellow 1020.

It's all about personal preference and although yellow isn't usually I colour I would be interested in, it works perfectly on the 1020.

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think I'd like having a yellow phone as a guy. But once I got it I was glad I passed on black and white. Nokia chose yellow for immediate super camera and brand recognition. Any time I pull my phone out I always get the statement, "Hey that's the phone with the super camera". Its because they associate super camera with the yellow color. If they offered the phone in several other colors, I don't think people would immediately make the connection like they do with yellow.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
When I had my Lumia 1020 it was yellow and I loved it. Everyone recognized it from the commercial.

I was a bit disappointed when I got my 1520 in red :(

SANDEEP NAIR1

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a yellow lumia 920. I usually use the orange tile colour. I found it suits the default app tile colour of the various apps i have pinned on my start screen.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130626_0001.png
    wp_ss_20130626_0001.png
    624.8 KB · Views: 10
  • wp_ss_20130626_0002.png
    wp_ss_20130626_0002.png
    406.2 KB · Views: 10
  • wp_ss_20130614_0012.png
    wp_ss_20130614_0012.png
    820.2 KB · Views: 9

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
ive got through a few 1020s for this exact reason , I am now rocking the yellow and have decided yellow or white just suit the 1020 so well , the contrast in colours in so nice to look at id almost say sexy lol :)

the black does look stealthy and your right it suits all themes , however its just boring compared to the coloured version and looks like almost all other smartphones/slabs apart from the camera hump

I say ...... embrace the colours and be a little different ;-)

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I previously went to the shop to buy a black 1020, but when i saw the yellow version i was sold the 1020 is known with the yellow color everyone immediatly looks and says wow it really is nice and different from the usual black, grey or white phones.

Sent from my beautiful Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Definitely yellow. You're way over thinking having to match the theme to the phone color.

Both purples work very well, and red and the medium green are my other favorite theme colors with this phone. But cranky, most of the theme colors work great on this oled screen... they all just pop.

However, I can't stand the yellow theme. It's too hard to read white on yellow.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
My yellow one is beautiful, definitely recommend more then the balck or white, its the signature color of the 1020, why else would you get any other color unless you're into black or white, ijs yellow is perfect for this phone

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
and yes, I think just the color helps everyone recognize your phone which is nice, the yellow with the buttons n camera hump go great together, and yellow goes really nice with anything they has to do with it in the spectrum, black to blue, red is a great theme on it, am very happy with the yellow

JeffDH

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all very much! After reading your posts, I decided to go for the yellow 1020. Like buxz777 said: "Embrace the colours and be a little different."

I have had a black Lumia 800 for the past two years, and now I think buying a black Lumia 1020 would be a safe but boring choice after all. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb