Maybe I'm silly for not realizing this before... but I just recently had the camera grip on my 1020 and fired up a game. I typically only use the camera grip when I'm specifically intending to take a lot of pictures. Upon playing Angry Birds Go and Halo, I came to the realization that the camera grip is actually awesome for games for the following reasons:

(1) Better Grip (duh!) - When playing games in landscape, without the grip I often hit the capacitive buttons to the right of the screen, especially with games like Halo that have dual joysticks. The grip adds space to the right, just the perfect amount to place my right thumb exactly where it needs to be on the screen without the danger of hitting the back button. And the grip is much more comfortable to hold for extended sessions.

(2) Better Sound - Again, when playing landscape, I am constantly covering up the speaker grills accidentally, and then can't move my fingers until the action lets up. This often screws me up because I can't hear the sound ques and is distracting. The fact that the camera grip redirects the sound to the front means I never accidentally cover the speaker!

(3) Extended Battery (duh!) - Obviously the extended battery helps a lot when playing battery draining games.

Just wanted to point this out... maybe there are others out there who haven't realized how much the grip helps, especially with extended gaming sessions. I have been doing MUCH better at Halo since starting to use the grip. It's turned many games that were just too cumbersome into enjoyable experiences.
    Last edited by poddie; 12-13-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    12-13-2013 05:50 AM
    I'm glad you like your camera grip and that it's been useful for more than just taking pictures.
    poddie likes this.
    12-14-2013 01:17 AM
    Thanks for that! Gonna get a grip (pun intended) for sure now

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
    12-15-2013 10:34 PM
    Yup, I use my camera grip has my Lumia's case, love the thing. Makes it wayyy more comfortable to grip and it adds a healthy weight, I feel.
    12-16-2013 11:29 AM
    Yup, I use my camera grip has my Lumia's case, love the thing. Makes it wayyy more comfortable to grip and it adds a healthy weight, I feel.
    Yes i was actually wondering about using it as a case. Wouldn't protect it that much but undoubtedly would save the back from scratches and the like of everyday use.
    I already have a screen protector on it so the glass is a little more protected anyway

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
    12-16-2013 12:50 PM