chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else feel the Same as i do?
After u press the shutter button, the pic looks awesome while it's saving
But then it looks bad after it's saved

Any ways to fix this?
Maybe by using 3d party apps?
What kind of camera apps that supports 41mp Lumia1020?
Please let me know

note: left is before and right is after post processing
see how the skin tones changes on the second pic because of the white balance

PcvoDjo.jpg

U1Ksvca.jpg

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, if everything's on auto, you may have been moving the phone while it's still taking the photo. Or you may have been using poor settings for the situation you're in.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
This has been touched on multiple threads. It's the result of crappy jpeg processing algorithms from Amber. Lumia Black will fix these issues. I myself can't believe Nokia thought Amber was acceptable for public release.

Vicente Ibarra

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
You buy a very expensive phone waiting for the best camera ever and you have to wait for Nokia fixing the quality of the pictures for months (I am waiting since september ) . I think is not the best policy for a company who has been on the tightrope for the last years ... I'm thinking about Nexus 5 and the way that Google has fixed camera problems .
I'm very dissapointed about this issue because camera is the most important in a smartphone for me .

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
You buy a very expensive phone waiting for the best camera ever and you have to wait for Nokia fixing the quality of the pictures for months (I am waiting since september ) . I think is not the best policy for a company who has been on the tightrope for the last years ... I'm thinking about Nexus 5 and the way that Google has fixed camera problems .
I'm very dissapointed about this issue because camera is the most important in a smartphone for me .

Exactly. If a company hypes a product then it better deliver. And not, months after a release. Try weeks. Nokia are you listening. With that said I have managed to capture some amazing shots with this phone but conversely, have been amazed how badly this phone struggles with indoor shots and sharpness. Portraits are very difficult to capture compared to my HTC One or IP5.

chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. If a company hypes a product then it better deliver. And not, months after a release. Try weeks. Nokia are you listening. With that said I have managed to capture some amazing shots with this phone but conversely, have been amazed how badly this phone struggles with indoor shots and sharpness. Portraits are very difficult to capture compared to my HTC One or IP5.

So i'm not the only thinking that trying to capture portrait is harder ... much harder than the iphone 5
Is there anyway to disable the IOS?
I read an article saying that choosing hi shutter speed / sport mode will disable the OIS?
I mean ... is that possible?

Del Rei

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I created a thread with same subject some days ago:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...processing-killing-image-quality-samples.html

Yeah, it very disappointing to realize that will take some months to fix it.
Rumor has it the Black update will fix it.... But the problem is this long wait.

In some months people will want an other new phone, not a late update.

I came back to iOS. Not just because of it, but some others points too.

chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I created a thread with same subject some days ago:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...processing-killing-image-quality-samples.html

Yeah, it very disappointing to realize that will take some months to fix it.
Rumor has it the Black update will fix it.... But the problem is this long wait.

In some months people will want an other new phone, not a late update.

I came back to iOS. Not just because of it, but some others points too.

We just have L1020 this month in Indonesia, and I still have to wait another months to get my hand on the GDR3 + Black
I can't imagine folks in the state for waiting since July I believe for this kind of update
I mean .... what Microsoft is thinking?
Goole Nexus 5 has camera issue and bam ... not too long they update its OS
Z1 has an issue on the camera, and it's fixed in one month after it's released
And here comes Nokia ..... July until next year 2014 Q1 (not even month is known?)

Try to install Nokia Camera Beta
Its end result is better justttt a little bit but still better *sigh*

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Same issues with Black update. Photo looks great at first, but then the processing kicks in and it gets green and blurry. Sigh.

I tended to notice the over-the-top colour saturation more in Amber than I did the yellowish tinge.....as for so-called "blurriness" of photos I did a little test using the Pro Cam (5MP oversampled version and 34MP full-resolution) and the default camera app (oversample 5MP image). I used my dog as a makeshift white balance card (her fur is pretty much whitist white) and a gauge as to how much detail the respective modes spit out. I cropped the images to the same ratio in photoshop and then screenshotted them in the default Photo Viewer (I'll explain why after the photos) Here are the photos (sorry for the grain I had to resize the overall images so I could upload them here):

34MP image (cropped)
Pro34MP.jpg
5MP Nokia Camera image (oversampled, cropped)
Pro5MP.jpg
5MP Default Camera image (oversampled, cropped)
Default5MP.jpg

The reason why I screenshotted the photos in my photo viewer on my computer with a 1080p display is because most computers/phones these days have a resolution of 1080p and so thus this is what the image initially looks like when you open the photo. On my 1080p 23" monitor, the 34MP image looks the "softest", followed by the 5MP Pro Cam image and finally the default Camera image. However if you zoom in on the 34MP image a little bit you get a similar "sharpness" to that of the default camera image:
Capture.jpg
...this is because there are merely not enough pixels for the 34MP image (zoomed out fully like the 5MP image) to show ALL the details present in the photo - if we were to have a 4K monitor (I don't, sorry) then the 34MP would appear sharper than the 5MP images because there are more pixels present on the display and so more room to display the 'more pixels' in the 34MP image.

This is why we all think the screenshotted "saving" image is better looking than the final image as well - think of oversampling except extremefied (you're not going to get a full-resolution digital viewfinder on this phone without some judder) and you get the viewfinder/"saving" image - the camera will oversample and thus have the viewfinder at a lower resolution that it can handle to stream live to the screen without judder. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the 5MP image...at this point in time the ridiculous megapixel count gives more benefit to reframing and oversampling that simply an initially "sharper" picture as our screens don't have nearly as many pixels as the photos contain.

As for the green/yellow tinges I don't notice them too much.....although I do prefer RAW images myself because I have more granular control over the settings

Last edited:

Snazrael

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I dont get it. My 1020 has blown away my expectations since day one with and has only gotten better. Continues to impress me with each new situation. Sorry you guys aren't having the same experience 😥

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss