Connecting to wifi during set up

newbiari

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a black lumia 1020. During the initial set up after I press 'next' from the welcome screen I am afterwards asked to sign into my MS account. It does not ask me to first connect to a wifi network. Due to this I can't sync all my backed up information. I know with my lumia 920, out of the box with no sim card inside I was asked to connect to wifi before being asked for a MS account. Is this an issue with the lumia 1020, not being able to sync with a back up file?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Without GDR3, which the 1020 doesn't have yet, you can't do this. The only way to do this is to restore your 1020, then do the set up process over again, but make sure your 920 SIM is inside it before you power the 1020 on. Then, it will work. :)

newbiari

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Without GDR3, which the 1020 doesn't have yet, you can't do this. The only way to do this is to restore your 1020, then do the set up process over again, but make sure your 920 SIM is inside it before you power the 1020 on. Then, it will work. :)

I am setting it up from after a factory reset. I have done multiple factory resets and it never asked me to connect to wifi, only to sign in to a MS account,

Why do I need to have the sim card from the 920 in it? The sim cards are different size and cutting it isn't an option right now for me.

I have to send the 1020 back, to get it replaced with the correct color.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I am setting it up from after a factory reset. I have done multiple factory resets and it never asked me to connect to wifi, only to sign in to a MS account,

Why do I need to have the sim card from the 920 in it? The sim cards are different size and cutting it isn't an option right now for me.

I have to send the 1020 back, to get it replaced with the correct color.

Sadly, it needs to use the cellular network to connect to your Microsoft account, when you are setting up the phone. You said your current phone is the 920, so I'm saying use your 920 SIM and put it in the 1020. They both use micro-sim, so you don't need to cut.

newbiari

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, it needs to use the cellular network to connect to your Microsoft account, when you are setting up the phone. You said your current phone is the 920, so I'm saying use your 920 SIM and put it in the 1020. They both use micro-sim, so you don't need to cut.

I made a mistake, youre right theyre both have the same size sim card. Wouldn't I be using a lot of mobile data this way?

What if I were to set up the 'developer GDR3' then do a factory reset? Would that allow me to sync with wifi?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I made a mistake, youre right theyre both have the same size sim card. Wouldn't I be using a lot of mobile data this way?

What if I were to set up the 'developer GDR3' then do a factory reset? Would that allow me to sync with wifi?

Well you would just use the cellular in the very beginning, and right when you are able to use your phone, go to settings and connect to WiFi. And if you used the developer GDR3, then did a factory reset, it would work, but I suggest the 1st way, as the 2nd will void your warranty.

newbiari

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I asked at&t before I did with my first 920 and they told me it wouldn't void my warranty. I also, sent that one into them with no problems of voiding my warranty.

newbiari

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have to wait till they send the yellow one out to me. By then I should get my laptop to install Windows 8 to get GDR3 on it.

I also liked gdr3, added some nice options. I miss the ability to limit mobile data when the screen times out.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have to wait till they send the yellow one out to me. By then I should get my laptop to install Windows 8 to get GDR3 on it.

I also liked gdr3, added some nice options. I miss the ability to limit mobile data when the screen times out.

You don't need your computer to get GDR3. Just become a developer, download the app on your phone, sign up, and download!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad