Is it just me???? Something I have noticed

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So I have been bouncing around youtube looking at reviews, mostly Nokia high end vs other high ends.

1) With all Lumia phones ( but the 1520), everyone is having a gripe about the lack of Quad-core chips. Then when I further look into what ever quad core is placed next to the Nokia, the gripe about the model is stutter and sluggishness with Android and the chip. Dropped frames, or not as "Butter smooth as other devices".

There was one review that just to my mind was just outright dumb......Not able to see a speed bump up with the addition of a quad-core to the 1520.

If on one hand a reviewer notes.......Windows Phone is highly optimized to run well well with older hardware, but then makes it seem as if a Windows Phone is slow, by saying no additional speed with a quad core.....does that not scream a stable well built OS so it makes good use of the "Older chips"?

So that being said, why would Nokia or MS push the OS to run faster, and maybe add issues like dropped frames, or a look of sluggishness as with a Quad-core Android?

Are Winows Phones not being given a fair review????????

What are these reviewers expecting?????

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Some reviewers aren't familiar with windows phone, they simply don't understand how WP is a stable OS, which is not a surprise since people don't know much about windows phone in the first place. There are reviews out there though that seem fair, people who actually do their research before posting a review know what WP is about.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Dave Bhullar.
A lot of reviews insist on comparing to other phones running competing OS platforms.
Quite a few reviewers are all about hardware, gaming and benchmarks rather than "does this phone actually work".

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I definitely think that Windows Phone gets unfairly knocked for this. People automatically assume that higher specs always equals a better device, and Android has verified this bias with a history of phones that performed poorly even on the then state-of-the-art hardware. Android's awful performance has probably been the single biggest driver of higher performance dual and quad core ARM chips.

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
It's been a while since I have noticed this. Biased reviews. Anti-Microsoft, Anti-windows reviews. I don't know what people want.
Best thing to do is, not bother going to websites like these, which will reduce traffic and might make them realize.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs