Concerns about switching

Kelly Clark

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Bear with me, as I do not know all the correct terminology...

Currently have a iPhone 4S and looking to "next" to the 1020 - mostly for the manual camera settings... Thats very very intriguing to me... One drawback I have is from when I am not at home and I don't have secure wifi, I have used my (jailbroken by a friend) 4S to be a mobile hotspot, untethered, to provide internet to my laptop. .... Is that a possibility with WinMo phones? What do they call it, how do I/they do it? If it's do-able, I can't wait to switch :)

Thanks!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Bear with me, as I do not know all the correct terminology...

Currently have a iPhone 4S and looking to "next" to the 1020 - mostly for the manual camera settings... Thats very very intriguing to me... One drawback I have is from when I am not at home and I don't have secure wifi, I have used my (jailbroken by a friend) 4S to be a mobile hotspot, untethered, to provide internet to my laptop. .... Is that a possibility with WinMo phones? What do they call it, how do I/they do it? If it's do-able, I can't wait to switch :)

Thanks!!

Windows Phone* (abbreviated WP, just a small correction since WinMo is a much older, different beast.)

Anyways, WP has an internet sharing option (super easy to find) that works like you'd expect from a Wi-Fi Tethering solution. however, its tied to whether ATT turns it on or off depending on your plan.
There's a way to get around that, but AFAIK, the ATT 920 is the only one to have that route open.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I regularly tether my Nexus 7 to my 1020. It works perfectly.

If you do go for a 1020, you will love the camera. It really is worth switching just for that if you're into photography.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte