What case should I buy?

yuvalnyk

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I believe the feather case got a good review from one of the WPcentral writers. I know it did for the 1520, but its just one of those lighter phone cases that doesn't add to much bulk to it.

The atmosphere case is very cool since it is see through for whichever color you have but I saw reviews on Amazon that it would make interfere with image if you had flash on.

The shell grip is nice if you are taking a lot of photos, plus its an added battery pack. I would personally use that with the wrist strap so I wouldn't drop the whole thing while snapping a lot of pics.

The CoverBot has better reviews and can be used as wallet, also the strap wraps around the back so it doesn't open accidently. The other case can be used as a stand though.

Definitely look at reviews when searching for cases.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had to return two atmospheric cases....cheap the rubber hangs on the bottom spots on the clear plastic....i went back to the speck case...yeah its a little more bulk but from I remember its not bad at all and offers full protection! And if your in the states att stores r selling it 50% to me that's your best and safest bet and it has front hump and back camera hump.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I just bought Speck Candyshell and am very happy with it.

There seem to be some good choices out there; the only ones I would reject are the "AGF" style cases. While the simplicity and style are there, I don't think they're made well; the corners even with light use and no drops deteriorate rapidly. I tried both the original from AT&T (which they discontinued) and a better one by Tetded that had an all-leather covering. Both had the same identical defect. Style's great but at the end of the day the case needs to be a decent protector.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd recommend the Otterbox Defender series case as your durable case - I've had many Otterbox cases; the one on my iPod touch 4th gen survived a three storey drop down the middle of a stairwell, snow, accidental splashes of water, a drop down some very steep and long concrete stairs and A LOT of face-down drops. You simply cannot get any better than an Otterbox for durability - sure it's bulky, we got it for my father's iPhone 5 and at first he thought it was ridiculous....until he dropped it in a carpark face-down, tripped and then stepped on it. Left a slight dent in the plastic sides of the case and his phone is shiny new inside. Absolutely fantastic.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
After a few minor drops on carpet in my car....a lot of the eBay cases which cover the back and sides seem great but offer zero protection on the top and bottom and on my yellow 1020 this could be an issue in the future....a poster above mentioned about other cases and with these more slim fit snap on cases the corners will get damaged very easily!!! Please take my word for it!! Both were less than three feet drops but the corner it landed did have a slight gap between the plastic and screen, ya you really had to look but still annoying, not really an issue but if you plan on reselling the phone ever it is an issue. I originally avoided the speck case due to bulk but I love it now!!!! Grip is great and protects the corners and edges along with the camera!! I never cared for otterbox, personal preference, but I know people who swear by them! If you can go to a store and check them out! My yellow speck case is now $17! Couldn't be happier!!!! Screw the cheap third party cases on amazon....and if you read reviews on speck cases and that they are hard to take off, that is all BS! I have had many speck cases...put it on a flat surface screen down, slowly push the middle in and work the corners that's it! Hope that helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos