So I am in a situation.

I have a Lumia 920 (bought on launch day) and the screen cracked on it back around April? The day my case was coming in the mail.
    I have checked to see how much a new screen would cost and it is around 250$ and up to get it replaced by someone. I would much rather get a new phone spending that much money and also I really don't want to do it myself, people have told me the colors look all weird ifI just replace the one part of the screen.

I really want a 1020, back when the leaks were shown of a huge camera. I love taking pictures, had to just transfer around 4000+ pics from phone onto computer as it was almost full and was only from within this year.

The thing is an early upgrade fee is 250$, the lumia 1020 is 99$ at the moment refurbished on AT&T but I am not sure how well they are refurbished. I have been looking for used ones on Craigslist and eBay but they are up to 400-600$. Even if I buy new 1020 for 200$ + 250$ would be better then that.

On the other hand I kind of want to wait for the newest phone if they release one for Spring/Summer. I mean that is even closer to November for my next upgrade. The new phone could have close if not almost same camera as 1020. Either way ifI upgrade early, I probably will be saving for another flagship. When you like phones its hard and also expensive to switch phones a lot, and the Next program is definitely as it seems, my friend is paying double then what it says she would be paying. To not even keep the phone after a year.

So what should I do? Repair and keep till November? Early upgrade to new/refurbished 1020? Or wait on the next new phone to come out?

Thank You!
    12-19-2013 06:47 AM
    You need a new phone now and you've wanted a 1020 for a while. At what point to you stop waiting for the next big thing? The cost of the 920 repair seems high, I wouldn't be willing to pay that.

If you can get a 1020 for around the same cost on an upgrade, that's what I'd do.
    jbjtkbw007 and Dex Da Rex like this.
    12-19-2013 06:53 AM
    I never stopped, I saw the leaks of the giant 1520 and waited for that to come out to see it in person. The 1520 is actually cheaper off contract but the 1020 has a way better camera, I mean they both are very good but you cant beat the camera on the 1020. I have tested both out in the stores.

It would be around 350$ to do an early upgrade. Also I haven't seen any leaks for the next big thing but I am sure they would release a newer phone for the 8.1 update.
    12-19-2013 07:01 AM